- 1 How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
- 2 How long is it from San Francisco to Santa Cruz?
- 3 Where is Santa Cruz in relation to San Francisco?
- 4 What is the best stretch of Highway 1?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 6 What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
- 7 What is there to see between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
- 8 What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
- 9 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 10 Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
- 11 Why is Santa Cruz famous?
- 12 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 13 What is the prettiest part of the Pacific Coast Highway?
- 14 What part of Highway 1 is best?
- 15 Is Route 1 in California Dangerous?
How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
Estimated drive time: 1.5 to 2 hours if you drive straight through; a half day if you linger and stop along the way.
How long is it from San Francisco to Santa Cruz?
Yes, the driving distance between San Francisco to Santa Cruz is 73 miles. It takes approximately 1h 21m to drive from San Francisco to Santa Cruz. Where can I stay near Santa Cruz?
Where is Santa Cruz in relation to San Francisco?
As of 2019, the U.S. Census Bureau estimated Santa Cruz’s population at 64,608. Situated on the northern edge of Monterey Bay, about 32 mi (51 km) south of San Jose and 75 mi (120 km) south of San Francisco, the city is part of the 12-county San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland Combined Statistical Area.
What is the best stretch of Highway 1?
The Pacific Coast Highway (otherwise known as Highway 1 in California) is 656 miles long. But if you can’t drive the entire length of it, I recommend the short stretch between Monterey and Big Sur.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
For us, the best times to drive the Pacific Coast Highway are from late spring, through summer, to early fall. In July and August you have the best chance of almost-perfect weather, but you also have the busiest crowds and high-season hotel prices.
What is there to see between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
BEST STOPS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SANTA CRUZ
- *Mori Point (Pacifica)
- Pacifica State Beach and Taco Bell (Pacifica)
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (Moss Beach)
- Half Moon Bay.
- Beaches along the Coastline.
- *Arcangeli Grocery Co.
- Harley Farms Goat Dairy (Pescadero)
- *Pigeon Point Lighthouse (Pescadero)
What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
Beaches on this list
- Ocean Beach.
- Dunes Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Elmar Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Francis Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Roosevelt Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Point Ano Nuevo Beach.
- Santa Cruz Main Beach.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
This is a lovely beach town. The wharf is nice. There are hotels as you walk away from the wharf that are nice to eat and watch the scenery.
Why is Santa Cruz famous?
With expansive beaches and some of the world’s best off-shore breaks, Santa Cruz is famous for its high-stoke surf culture. But there’s so much more to this laid-back strip of shoreline than wetsuits and short boards.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
What is the prettiest part of the Pacific Coast Highway?
PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY: THE MOST SCENIC SPOTS
- The Golden Gate Bridge.
- Greyhound Rock Beach.
- Carmel by the Sea.
- Big Sur and Pfeiffer State Beach.
- Dana Point.
- Point Loma.
- How Gray Line San Francisco can help you explore:
What part of Highway 1 is best?
The best of California’s Highway 1
- SUPER RICA, SANTA BARBARA.
- HEARST CASTLE, SAN SIMEON.
- VENTANA INN & SPA, BIG SUR.
- NEPENTHE, BIG SUR.
- POINT LOBOS STATE NATURAL RESERVE.
- MISSION RANCH, CARMEL.
- PEBBLE BEACH.
- MONTEREY BAY AQUARIUM, MONTEREY.
Is Route 1 in California Dangerous?
Even in great weather highway 1 is one of the most dangerous highways in the state even if the weather is good. When the weather is bad there are areas of the road that are often closed. If you are planning to travel in the area you should make sure that you call ahead for road hazards, rocks, and closures.