- 1 Is Santa Cruz good for nightlife?
- 2 Is Santa Cruz dangerous at night?
- 3 Can you go to Santa Cruz beach at night?
- 4 What is there to do in Santa Cruz today?
- 5 What is there to do in Santa Cruz on a Monday night?
- 6 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 7 What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz?
- 8 Does Santa Cruz have a lot of crime?
- 9 Is Santa Cruz open for visitors?
- 10 Can you swim at Santa Cruz Beach?
- 11 How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
Is Santa Cruz good for nightlife?
Nightlife in Santa Cruz The Santa Cruz nightlife scene has long served as the gateway to the San Francisco Bay Area. Santa Cruz is home to a vibrant live music scene, comedy, DJ nights, karaoke, theater and dance with performances every night of the week.
Is Santa Cruz dangerous at night?
The area around the boardwalk, called Beach Flats by the locals, is another place you should be cautious. The area is the home to many hotels because of their proximity to the beach, but its high crime and drug-use rate makes it not a great area to visit at night.
Can you go to Santa Cruz beach at night?
The boardwalk is fun and if you are a fan of “The Lost Boys” movie from 1987, it’s a piece of movie history as a lot of the movie was filmed on the boardwalk and around Santa Cruz.
What is there to do in Santa Cruz today?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Bicycles on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Main Beach & Cowell Beach.
- Santa Cruz Wharf.
- West Cliff Drive & the Surfing Museum.
- Natural Bridges State Beach.
- Roaring Camp Railroad.
- Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruises.
What is there to do in Santa Cruz on a Monday night?
Best monday night specials in Santa Cruz, CA
- Hula’s Island Grill and Tiki Room. 0.5 mi. 1897 reviews.
- Hindquarter Bar & Grille. 0.5 mi. 348 reviews.
- Crow’s Nest Restaurant. 1.8 mi. 1844 reviews.
- Shadowbrook. 4.0 mi. 2957 reviews.
- West End Tap & Kitchen. 1.7 mi.
- East End Gastropub. 3.4 mi.
- Lago Di Como. 2.3 mi.
- Humble Sea Brewery. 1.7 mi.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz?
The rate of crime in Santa Cruz is 39.62 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Santa Cruz generally consider the north part of the city to be the safest.
Does Santa Cruz have a lot of crime?
With a crime rate of 57 per one thousand residents, Santa Cruz has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 18.
Is Santa Cruz open for visitors?
Santa Cruz County is open for business and ready to welcome you! Hotels, resorts, spas, restaurants, wineries, attractions, museums, parks, and more – take a look below for what to expect during your visit!
Can you swim at Santa Cruz Beach?
The most popular open water swimming beach in Santa Cruz is Cowell Beach, located on the west side of the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf. This small cove is generally protected from the wind by tall cliffs and the setting is idyllic. Main beach and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (shown below).
How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
The Boardwalk is admission-free. If you’d like to take a stroll and enjoy the colorful oceanfront scene, it’s free and open to the public, even when the rides are closed.