- 1 What street is downtown Santa Cruz?
- 2 What is there to do in downtown Santa Cruz?
- 3 What is the main shopping street in Santa Cruz?
- 4 Is downtown Santa Cruz safe?
- 5 Does Santa Cruz have a store?
- 6 Are things open in Santa Cruz?
- 7 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 8 Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
- 9 What food is Santa Cruz known for?
- 10 Where can I park for free in Santa Cruz?
- 11 Where in California is Santa Cruz?
- 12 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 13 What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz?
- 14 Is it safe to walk around Santa Cruz?
What street is downtown Santa Cruz?
The Downtown area of Santa Cruz includes borders of Front Street / River Street on the east, the “Downtown Santa Cruz” sign on River Street and Highway 1 / Mission Street on the north, Pacific Avenue / Front Street on the south, and Chestnut Street on the west.
What is there to do in downtown Santa Cruz?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Bicycles on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Main Beach & Cowell Beach.
- Santa Cruz Wharf.
- West Cliff Drive & the Surfing Museum.
- Natural Bridges State Beach.
- Roaring Camp Railroad.
- Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruises.
What is the main shopping street in Santa Cruz?
Pacific Avenue in the City of Santa Cruz, formerly known as the Pacific Garden Mall, runs North to South from Water Street/Mission Street and twists around a bit, eventually hitting Beach Street and the Municipal Wharf. Pacific Avenue is the center of the city’s downtown.
Is downtown Santa Cruz safe?
Most of Santa Cruz is pretty safe. If you can, stay clear of Barson St and the surrounding semi-circle area between Broadway and San Lorenzo Blvd, and also the Boardwalk area east of Riverside Ave. downtown, the river areas, by the boardwalk, should all be avoided if alone and if you are a female.
Does Santa Cruz have a store?
From hip boutique clothing stores to quirky thrift shops, the stores in Santa Cruz are full of character and charm. Pacific Avenue in Downtown Santa Cruz is the heart of the local shopping scene, but it isn’t the only place to find those one of a kind stores worth making a trip from out of town to visit.
Are things open in Santa Cruz?
Santa Cruz County is open for business and ready to welcome you! Hotels, resorts, spas, restaurants, wineries, attractions, museums, parks, and more – take a look below for what to expect during your visit!
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
This is a lovely beach town. The wharf is nice. There are hotels as you walk away from the wharf that are nice to eat and watch the scenery.
What food is Santa Cruz known for?
50 Foods You Must Try in Santa Cruz Before You Die
- Tacos from Los Gallos Taqueria.
- Waffles from Silver Spur.
- Acai Bowl from Cafe Brasil.
- Slice and T-Shirt from Pizza My Heart.
- Basic Betty with Sweet Potato Fries from Betty’s Burgers.
- BBQ Beef from Jia Tella’s Cambodian Cuisine.
- Roll of the Day from Akira.
Where can I park for free in Santa Cruz?
The Walnut Tree Parking Lot is located on Cedar Street between Union and Center Streets. The lot is free and is open 24 hours a day. It has a 3-hour time limit, Monday-Saturday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. The lot is unlimited all day on Sundays. The Cedar/Church Parking Garage is located at the corner of Cedar and Church streets.
Where in California is Santa Cruz?
Santa Cruz ( /sæntə kruːz/, Spanish: Holy Cross) is the county seat and largest city of Santa Cruz County, California in the US. As of the 2010 U.S. Census, Santa Cruz had a total population of 59,946. It is located on the northern edge of the Monterey Bay, about 72 mi (115 km) south of San Francisco.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz?
The rate of crime in Santa Cruz is 39.62 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Santa Cruz generally consider the north part of the city to be the safest.
Is it safe to walk around Santa Cruz?
Santa Cruz: Health & Safety The downtown is busy and active and safe to walk around in until midnight. The town does have a large number of street people or homeless people because the city leaders are compassionate and tolerant and the weather is so good.