- 1 How do I file for unemployment in Santa Cruz County?
- 2 Can I go to EDD in person?
- 3 How do I get through to California unemployment?
- 4 How can I get in contact with EDD?
- 5 How do I know if my unemployment claim was approved in CA?
- 6 How long do you have to work in California to get unemployment?
- 7 How long does it take for EDD to approve certification?
- 8 Who can help me with EDD?
- 9 Can you work part time and collect unemployment in California?
- 10 How much do you get from unemployment in California?
- 11 Can I collect unemployment in California if I worked in another state?
- 12 Do I need to reapply for EDD 2021?
- 13 How do I get EDD certify by phone?
- 14 How do I talk to a live person at EDD paid family leave?
How do I file for unemployment in Santa Cruz County?
Go to the EDD Online Application for Unemployment Benefits website at your convenience. The site is secure, reliable, and the fastest way to file your claim. Please note that the Career Centers are not an Unemployment Office. From home, call 1 (800) 300-5616 between 8:00 a.m.and 8:00 p.m., seven days a week.
Can I go to EDD in person?
Office Closures These EDD offices are closed or available by appointment only: Tax offices – by appointment only. Visit Payroll Taxes or contact Tax representatives at 1-888-745-3886, available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
How do I get through to California unemployment?
The EDD phone numbers, 1-833-978-2511 or 1-800-300-5616, go to the same center. They operate from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. PDT. Best times to call seem to be around 10:15 a.m. or between 6 or 7 p.m.
How can I get in contact with EDD?
You can also ask questions about your claim using UI Online by selecting Contact Us at the top of your homepage. Note: If you are getting a phone call from the EDD, your caller ID may show “St of CA EDD” or the UI Customer Service number 1-800-300-5616.
How do I know if my unemployment claim was approved in CA?
How do I check the status of my unemployment claim? The best way to check on the status of your claim is to log in to UI Online. You can also check on the status of your payment through an automated, self-service telephone system at 1-866-333-4606.
How long do you have to work in California to get unemployment?
Who is eligible for California Unemployment Insurance? To be eligible for this benefit program, you must a resident of California and meet all of the following: Unemployed, and. Worked in California during the past 12 months (this period may be longer in some cases), and.
How long does it take for EDD to approve certification?
It takes at least three weeks to process a claim and issue payment to most eligible workers. With the large amount of claims we are processing, there may be delays. We appreciate your patience.
Who can help me with EDD?
The Center for Workers’ Rights might be able to help Sacramentans experiencing EDD issues. To reach the Center for Workers’ Rights helpline, the public can call (916) 905-1625.
Can you work part time and collect unemployment in California?
If you are working part time, you may be able to receive reduced unemployment benefits even if your earnings are higher than your weekly benefit amount. We will calculate the amount to deduct and the amount you are eligible to receive.
How much do you get from unemployment in California?
The Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefit calculator will provide you with an estimate of your weekly UI benefit amount, which can range from $40 to $450 per week. Once you file your claim, the EDD will verify your eligibility and wage information to determine your weekly benefit amount (WBA).
Can I collect unemployment in California if I worked in another state?
If you worked in another state during the last 18 months, you may be eligible to file a new claim in that state. You must have at least $1,300 in earnings in one quarter of your base period or at least $900 in earnings in the highest quarter and 1.25 times your highest quarter earnings in your total base period.
Do I need to reapply for EDD 2021?
Starting on June 5, 2021, claimants who did not earn enough wages in the last 18 months will no longer have to reapply for benefits. Instead, EDD will automatically process benefits on their behalf and add a federal extension to the expired claim, or continue the existing extension.
How do I get EDD certify by phone?
We recommend that you certify for benefits with UI Online because it is a fast, convenient, and a secure way to certify. You can also certify by phone using EDD Tele-CertSM at 1-866-333-4606.
How do I talk to a live person at EDD paid family leave?
Here is how to reach a human:
- Call the EDD Paid Family Leave number at 877-238-4373.
- Press ‘1’ for “benefit information.”
- Follow the prompts to enter your SSN, zip code, date of birth, and weekly benefit amount.
- The computer will read you an automated list of information about your claim.