- 1 How do you get to Santa Cruz?
- 2 Can I visit Santa Cruz right now?
- 3 What can you do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
- 4 Is Santa Cruz Safe 2020?
- 5 What is so great about Santa Cruz?
- 6 Why should I visit Santa Cruz?
- 7 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 8 Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
- 9 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 10 What can you do for free in Santa Cruz?
- 11 What food is Santa Cruz known for?
- 12 How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
- 13 Is Santa Cruz safe to walk at night?
- 14 Is Santa Cruz a dangerous city?
- 15 Is there a lot of crime in Santa Cruz?
How do you get to Santa Cruz?
Santa Cruz County is easily accessible by car via Highway 17 through the Santa Cruz Mountains, or California’s scenic Highway 1. Santa Cruz County is served directly by bus. The nearest major airport is San Jose International Airport, 30 miles northeast of Santa Cruz.
Can I visit Santa Cruz right now?
PARKS. Santa Cruz County State Parks are open, with the exception of Big Basin Redwoods State Park and parts of Rancho Del Oso due to damages caused by the August 2020 CZU Lightning Complex Fire. Parking lots are open and parking fees are in effect.
What can you do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
Top Attractions in Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Drive. 1,322. Scenic Drives • Scenic Walking Areas.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. 3,602. Amusement & Theme Parks.
- Natural Bridges State Beach. 844. Beaches.
- Wilder Ranch State Park. 269.
- Roaring Camp Railroads. 708.
- Mystery Spot. 1,123.
- Santa Cruz Wharf. 1,324.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center. 253.
Is Santa Cruz Safe 2020?
Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Santa Cruz’s proper boundaries only. The rate of crime in Santa Cruz is 39.62 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What is so great about Santa Cruz?
Besides the boardwalk, the main reason to visit Santa Cruz is the beach. The sunny Mediterranean weather, sandy shores, and safe waters make Santa Cruz one of the best beach destinations in northern California. In the same cove as Main Beach on the opposite side of the wharf, Cowell Beach is a famous surfers’ spot.
Why should I visit Santa Cruz?
There Are Beaches, So Many Beaches! Santa Cruz’s Main Beach is located right next to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. You can have campfires at Twin Lakes State Beach. Seabright State Beach is dog friendly. Main Beach outside the Boardwalk is the busiest, and Cowell Beach offers surf lessons.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
Santa Cruz is in a particularly perilous position. It has the high cost of living of Bay Area counties but with relatively lower incomes reflecting its low-wage agriculture and hospitality jobs. Still those incomes are often too high for families to be eligible for welfare programs. It’s a scary squeeze.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
What can you do for free in Santa Cruz?
Henry Cowell State Park
- Henry Cowell State Park.
- Wilder Ranch.
- Nisene Marks State Park.
- Castle Rock State Park.
- Land of the Medicine Buddha.
- Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History.
- Santa Cruz Surfing Museum.
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center.
What food is Santa Cruz known for?
50 Foods You Must Try in Santa Cruz Before You Die
- Tacos from Los Gallos Taqueria.
- Waffles from Silver Spur.
- Acai Bowl from Cafe Brasil.
- Slice and T-Shirt from Pizza My Heart.
- Basic Betty with Sweet Potato Fries from Betty’s Burgers.
- BBQ Beef from Jia Tella’s Cambodian Cuisine.
- Roll of the Day from Akira.
How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
The Boardwalk is admission-free. If you’d like to take a stroll and enjoy the colorful oceanfront scene, it’s free and open to the public, even when the rides are closed.
Is Santa Cruz safe to walk at night?
Santa Cruz: Health & Safety The downtown is busy and active and safe to walk around in until midnight. The town does have a large number of street people or homeless people because the city leaders are compassionate and tolerant and the weather is so good.
Is Santa Cruz a dangerous city?
Santa Cruz, California The overall crime rate here is 122% higher than the nation average and you have a 1 in 16 chance of become a victim here. The crime rate in Santa Cruz in 7 out of 100 – not a very safe place at all.
Is there a lot of crime in Santa Cruz?
With a crime rate of 57 per one thousand residents, Santa Cruz has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 18.