- 1 Is Santa Cruz or Monterey closer?
- 2 Is Santa Cruz better than Monterey?
- 3 How long of a drive is Monterey Bay to Santa Cruz?
- 4 What is Santa Cruz known for?
- 5 Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
- 6 Why is Santa Cruz warmer than Monterey?
- 7 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 8 What can you do for free in Santa Cruz?
- 9 What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
- 10 How far is Monterey from Big Sur?
- 11 Is it worth going to Big Sur?
- 12 How far is Carmel from Monterey Bay?
- 13 Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
- 14 Is Santa Cruz safe to visit?
- 15 What food is Santa Cruz known for?
Is Santa Cruz or Monterey closer?
There are 26.91 miles from Santa Cruz to Monterey in southeast direction and 42 miles (67.59 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Santa Cruz and Monterey are 46 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop. Santa Cruz, CA and Monterey, CA are in the same time zone (PDT). Current time in both locations is 8:02 pm.
Is Santa Cruz better than Monterey?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
How long of a drive is Monterey Bay to Santa Cruz?
How long is the drive from Santa Cruz, CA to Monterey, CA? The total driving time is 48 minutes.
What is Santa Cruz known for?
While Santa Cruz is widely known for its spectacular beaches, nice weather, surf culture, and vibrant arts and culture community, the city is also known for many other things. Visitors can participate in an abundance of outdoor activities, including bird-watching, biking, hiking, and rock climbing.
Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
Monterey is 8.8% less expensive than Santa Cruz. Monterey housing costs are 12.5% less expensive than Santa Cruz housing costs.
Why is Santa Cruz warmer than Monterey?
Why is Santa Cruz much warmer than Monterey? – Quora. Here is the simple answer: Coastal upwelling, caused by NW winds along the CA coast is the key. Upwelling, particularly off of the coast, in the area of Ano Nuevo in this case, brings cold water to the ocean’s surface.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
What can you do for free in Santa Cruz?
Henry Cowell State Park
- Henry Cowell State Park.
- Wilder Ranch.
- Nisene Marks State Park.
- Castle Rock State Park.
- Land of the Medicine Buddha.
- Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History.
- Santa Cruz Surfing Museum.
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center.
What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
Beaches on this list
- Ocean Beach.
- Dunes Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Elmar Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Francis Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Roosevelt Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Point Ano Nuevo Beach.
- Santa Cruz Main Beach.
How far is Monterey from Big Sur?
There are 16.63 miles from Big Sur to Monterey in north direction and 20 miles (32.19 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Big Sur and Monterey are 33 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Is it worth going to Big Sur?
Big Sur is a very worthy road trip destination for anyone who loves to be outdoors and experience nature. Sure, it takes a little longer, but the views of the Pacific Ocean, rocky bluffs, sandy beaches, towering redwoods, and vibrant green hills make it worth the extra time spent on the road.
How far is Carmel from Monterey Bay?
There are 3.47 miles from Monterey to Carmel by the Sea in southwest direction and 4 miles (6.44 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 and CA 68 route. Monterey and Carmel by the Sea are 7 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop. This is the fastest route from Monterey, CA to Carmel by the Sea, CA.
Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
Santa Cruz is in a particularly perilous position. It has the high cost of living of Bay Area counties but with relatively lower incomes reflecting its low-wage agriculture and hospitality jobs. Still those incomes are often too high for families to be eligible for welfare programs. It’s a scary squeeze.
Is Santa Cruz safe to visit?
Travelers generally need not worry about becoming victim of crime during their vacation in Santa Cruz. Those who want to be prepared, though, should know that car theft is the most common crime problem affecting travelers in the area. Santa Cruz is a generally safe place to visit.
What food is Santa Cruz known for?
50 Foods You Must Try in Santa Cruz Before You Die
- Tacos from Los Gallos Taqueria.
- Waffles from Silver Spur.
- Acai Bowl from Cafe Brasil.
- Slice and T-Shirt from Pizza My Heart.
- Basic Betty with Sweet Potato Fries from Betty’s Burgers.
- BBQ Beef from Jia Tella’s Cambodian Cuisine.
- Roll of the Day from Akira.