- 1 How far is Santa Cruz from Sam Jose?
- 2 How long is Santa Cruz to San Jose?
- 3 How do I get to Santa Cruz without a car?
- 4 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 5 Where do you fly into for Santa Cruz?
- 6 How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
- 7 Is Santa Cruz near San Francisco?
- 8 Is living in Santa Cruz worth it?
- 9 Can you visit California without a car?
- 10 Where can I live in California without a car?
- 11 Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
- 12 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Carmel?
- 13 Where can I sleep on the Pacific Coast Highway?
How far is Santa Cruz from Sam Jose?
There are 26.40 miles from San Jose to Santa Cruz in southwest direction and 32 miles (51.50 kilometers) by car, following the CA 17 S route.
How long is Santa Cruz to San Jose?
There is a 31 miles distance between Santa Cruz and San Jose. It takes approximately 39 minutes to drive from Santa Cruz to San Jose.
How do I get to Santa Cruz without a car?
Santa Cruz, California
- In Santa Cruz, you can travel from the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary to the Redwoods without a car.
- A great way to access transportation options in Santa Cruz is to visit www.Cruz511.org.
- If you are coming by Air or Train, San Jose is the best destination.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Where do you fly into for Santa Cruz?
The nearest major airport is San Jose International Airport, 30 miles northeast of Santa Cruz. The nearest train depot is also located in San Jose. San Francisco International Airport is approximately 60 miles north of Santa Cruz, and Oakland International Airport is approximately 65 miles north of Santa Cruz.
How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
The Boardwalk is admission-free. If you’d like to take a stroll and enjoy the colorful oceanfront scene, it’s free and open to the public, even when the rides are closed.
Is Santa Cruz near San Francisco?
Santa Cruz is between about 75 miles from San Francisco (roughly 1 hr 15 min if you drive). So if time is of the essence, then it’s recommended that you drive there.
Is living in Santa Cruz worth it?
It’s absolutely beautiful here. The coastline and surrounding redwood forest is breathtaking. The city has a smallish town feel, restaurants and bars are limited but good. Cost of living is very high, but if you want to live in the Bay Area but don’t want to be stuck in traffic then Santa Cruz is ideal.
Can you visit California without a car?
Unless you live in a big city like NYC, Chicago or San Francisco, you need a car to travel pretty much anywhere in the US. Is it possible to travel to California without a car? The answer is YES, you can visit California without a car!
Where can I live in California without a car?
Anyone who lives here will tell you that it’s next to impossible to get anywhere without your own car. And they’re right, for the most part. 8 Towns In Southern California Where You Don’t Need A Car To Get Around
- Santa Monica.
- Long Beach.
- West Hollywood.
- Catalina Island/Avalon.
- San Diego — Downtown.
- Santa Barbara.
Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
Monterey is 8.8% less expensive than Santa Cruz. Monterey housing costs are 12.5% less expensive than Santa Cruz housing costs.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Carmel?
Carmel is more quaint village with beach access. Monterey is more family friendly working coastal/pier town. If it was a relaxing trip, I’d definitely pick Carmel- better food, better browsing, more picturesque. No need to drive to Carmel.
Where can I sleep on the Pacific Coast Highway?
USA: 5 Great Towns For An Overnight Stay Along The Pacific Coast Highway, California
- Monterey. (San Francisco – Monterey: 1 h 56 min, 120 miles)
- Cambria. (Monterey – Cambria: 2 h 29 min, 141 miles)
- Pismo Beach. (Cambria – Pismo Beach: 52 min, 46 miles)
- Solvang. (Pismo Beach – Solvang: 52 min, 53.9 miles)
- Santa Monica.