- 1 What to see between Yosemite and Santa Cruz?
- 2 What major city is near Yosemite?
- 3 What is the closest town to Yosemite National Park?
- 4 How far apart are Yosemite and Yellowstone?
- 5 Where should I stop between Yosemite and Monterey?
- 6 How many days do you need in Yosemite National Park?
- 7 Are there bears in Yosemite National Park?
- 8 What is the best part of Yosemite?
- 9 What is best time of year to visit Yosemite?
- 10 Do you have to pay to drive through Yosemite?
- 11 Which is better Yellowstone or Yosemite?
- 12 Which is better for kids Yosemite or Yellowstone?
- 13 What is the best time of year to go to Yellowstone National Park?
What to see between Yosemite and Santa Cruz?
Best stops along Yosemite National Park to Santa Cruz drive
- Hetch Hetchy Reservoir. LakeNature & ParksDamsWaterfalls.
- Tunnel view.
- Tuolumne Grove.
- Mariposa Museum & History Center.
- Columbia State Historic Park.
- Ironstone Vineyards.
- River Journey Adventures California Rafting.
- Castle Air Museum.
What major city is near Yosemite?
Mariposa is about 32 miles west of Yosemite National Park’s Rock Entrance, along Highway 140. Enjoy a walk along the historic main street to visit notable landmarks, such as the 19th-century Mariposa County Courthouse and the Mariposa Museum and History Center.
What is the closest town to Yosemite National Park?
Towns & Cities Near Yosemite National Park
- El Portal, CA. 14.9 mi / 29 mins.
- Yosemite West, CA. 17.6 mi / 36 mins.
- Wawona, CA. 28.2 mi / 54 mins.
- Mariposa, CA. 43.3 mi / 1 hour 10 mins.
- Groveland, CA. 47.8 mi / 1 hour 12 mins.
- Bass Lake, CA. 48.9 mi / 1 hour 26 mins.
- Mammoth Lakes, CA. 320 mi / 6 hours 36 mins.
How far apart are Yosemite and Yellowstone?
The distance between Yosemite National Park and Yellowstone National Park is 647 miles.
Where should I stop between Yosemite and Monterey?
The top stops along the way from Yosemite National Park to Monterey (with short detours) are Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Tunnel view, and Blue Ocean Whale Watching on the Monterey Bay. Other popular stops include Mariposa Grove, Bridalveil Fall, and W Cliff Dr.
How many days do you need in Yosemite National Park?
If you only plan to do a few hikes and drive around to see the sights, three days is enough to see most everything. If you’d like to linger, you’ll have time to enjoy more ranger-led activities, attend evening programs, take tours, and hang around enjoying the scenery.
Are there bears in Yosemite National Park?
About 300-500 black bears live in Yosemite’s 750,000 acres. (Grizzly bears no longer live in California.)
What is the best part of Yosemite?
The 10 Most Beautiful Places in Yosemite National Park
- El Capitan. Hiking Trail, Natural Feature.
- Vernal Fall. Natural Feature.
- Glacier Point. Natural Feature, Park.
- Mirror Lake. Hiking Trail, Natural Feature.
- Mariposa Grove. Forest, Park.
- Tuolumne Meadows. Natural Feature.
- Tunnel View. Natural Feature.
- Cathedral Peak. Natural Feature.
What is best time of year to visit Yosemite?
The best times to visit Yosemite are May and September, when the park is accessible, but not too crowded. It’s important to know that many roads and trails in Yosemite are closed for the majority of the year due to snow.
Do you have to pay to drive through Yosemite?
Yosemite National Park has had an entrance fee since 1913. The current rate of $30 per vehicle or $25* per motorcycle has been in effect since 2015. The park is one of 117 in the National Park System that charges an entrance fee. The remaining 300 sites are free to enter.
Which is better Yellowstone or Yosemite?
If you must choose between the two national parks, some things you should consider are: Yosemite is only a 3-hour drive from San Fransisco, and is much more accessible than Yellowstone. Yellowstone is vast and serene with more wildlife. Yosemite has more waterfalls and a stunningly rugged landscape.
Which is better for kids Yosemite or Yellowstone?
I find that Yosemite is far better for general hiking and exploring on foot. There is a great deal of long-day back country hiking available. If you are not hiking, then I think you won’t find Yosemite as spectacular. Yellowstone is larger and consequently takes longer to get from one area to another.
What is the best time of year to go to Yellowstone National Park?
The best times to visit Yellowstone National Park are from late April to May as well as September through early October. These shoulder months offer mild weather, fewer crowds and little to no road closures.