- 1 How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
- 2 What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
- 3 How long is it from San Francisco to Santa Cruz?
- 4 Is it dangerous to drive to San Francisco?
- 5 What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
- 6 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 7 What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
- 8 Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
- 9 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 10 Does Santa Cruz have an airport?
- 11 Is Santa Cruz near San Francisco?
- 12 How far is Monterey Bay from San Francisco?
- 13 Is FIsherman’s Wharf safe at night?
- 14 What should I avoid in San Francisco?
- 15 Is it safe to stay at FIsherman’s Wharf?
How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
Estimated drive time: 1.5 to 2 hours if you drive straight through; a half day if you linger and stop along the way.
What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
BEST STOPS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SANTA CRUZ
- *Mori Point (Pacifica)
- Pacifica State Beach and Taco Bell (Pacifica)
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (Moss Beach)
- Half Moon Bay.
- Beaches along the Coastline.
- *Arcangeli Grocery Co.
- Harley Farms Goat Dairy (Pescadero)
- *Pigeon Point Lighthouse (Pescadero)
How long is it from San Francisco to Santa Cruz?
Yes, the driving distance between San Francisco to Santa Cruz is 73 miles. It takes approximately 1h 21m to drive from San Francisco to Santa Cruz. Where can I stay near Santa Cruz?
Is it dangerous to drive to San Francisco?
San Francisco is one of the most dangerous cities for car drivers in the United States, according to a recent report. San Francisco and the rest of Southern California have hot weather year-round, which brings many drivers and pedestrians on the streets at the same time.
What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
For us, the best times to drive the Pacific Coast Highway are from late spring, through summer, to early fall. In July and August you have the best chance of almost-perfect weather, but you also have the busiest crowds and high-season hotel prices.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
Beaches on this list
- Ocean Beach.
- Dunes Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Elmar Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Francis Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Roosevelt Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Point Ano Nuevo Beach.
- Santa Cruz Main Beach.
Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
While the drive takes about three hours without stopping, you should plan on all day, with a few stops along the way. Two of my favorite stops are at Half Moon Bay State Beach, Pigeon Point Light Station, and Pescadero State Beach. Half Moon Bay State Beach is a lovely spot for an afternoon picnic.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
Does Santa Cruz have an airport?
The nearest major airport is San Jose International Airport, 30 miles northeast of Santa Cruz. San Francisco International Airport is approximately 60 miles north of Santa Cruz, and Oakland International Airport is approximately 65 miles north of Santa Cruz.
Is Santa Cruz near San Francisco?
Santa Cruz is between about 75 miles from San Francisco (roughly 1 hr 15 min if you drive). So if time is of the essence, then it’s recommended that you drive there.
How far is Monterey Bay from San Francisco?
How far is Monterey from San Francisco? The distance from Monterey to San Francisco is about 120 miles. So, you’re not looking at a very long driving time either. You should only be on the road about two hours each way.
Is FIsherman’s Wharf safe at night?
Re: Is it safe to walk at night in Fishermans wharf? I have stayed at hotels in FW including the Holiday Express that is next door to the HI Express and wandered around at night. As long as you are aware of your surroundings you should be fine. The area tends to get rather quiet late at night.
What should I avoid in San Francisco?
10 Things Everyone In San Francisco Should Avoid At All Costs
- Driving downtown San Francisco during games for the Giants.
- FIsherman’s Wharf.
- Bay Bridge Traffic.
- Outdoor parades and events (if you’re in a rush)
- Dog *business* on the sidewalk.
- Confusing cable cars with streetcars.
- Construction sites.
Is it safe to stay at FIsherman’s Wharf?
Overall, most San Francisco neighborhoods are not dangerous. But if you want to be sure you’re sticking to the safest areas for tourists, Fisherman’s Wharf and Chinatown have low crime rates and are fun to visit too.