- 1 How many days do you need in Santa Cruz?
- 2 Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
- 3 What is Santa Cruz CA known for?
- 4 Is Santa Cruz safe to visit?
- 5 How do I spend a weekend in Santa Cruz?
- 6 What food is Santa Cruz known for?
- 7 Is Santa Cruz beautiful?
- 8 How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
- 9 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 10 Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
- 11 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 12 What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz?
- 13 What is there to do in downtown Santa Cruz?
- 14 Does Santa Cruz have a lot of crime?
How many days do you need in Santa Cruz?
At least one of your 3 days in Santa Cruz should be spent here. What outsiders don’t know is that the Boardwalk is open all year round, including from 12-7 on weekends and school holidays through the winter months. While the temperatures get cooler, it still climbs into the low 60s most days.
Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
This is a lovely beach town. The wharf is nice. There are hotels as you walk away from the wharf that are nice to eat and watch the scenery.
What is Santa Cruz CA known for?
Santa Cruz is known for its moderate climate, natural environment, coastline, redwood forests, alternative community lifestyles, and socially liberal leanings. The City of Santa Cruz was incorporated in 1866 and chartered in April 1876. Important early industries included lumber, gunpowder, lime and agriculture.
Is Santa Cruz safe to visit?
Travelers generally need not worry about becoming victim of crime during their vacation in Santa Cruz. Those who want to be prepared, though, should know that car theft is the most common crime problem affecting travelers in the area. Santa Cruz is a generally safe place to visit.
How do I spend a weekend in Santa Cruz?
Check out this itinerary for how you can combine some of the suggestions below into a chill weekend getaway in Santa Cruz.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Spot Sea Lions at Santa Cruz Wharf.
- Go Sea Kayaking.
- Visit Ano Nuevo State Park.
- Take a slow coastal drive.
- Watch the Sunset at Natural Bridges State Beach Park.
What food is Santa Cruz known for?
50 Foods You Must Try in Santa Cruz Before You Die
- Tacos from Los Gallos Taqueria.
- Waffles from Silver Spur.
- Acai Bowl from Cafe Brasil.
- Slice and T-Shirt from Pizza My Heart.
- Basic Betty with Sweet Potato Fries from Betty’s Burgers.
- BBQ Beef from Jia Tella’s Cambodian Cuisine.
- Roll of the Day from Akira.
Is Santa Cruz beautiful?
It’s absolutely beautiful here. The coastline and surrounding redwood forest is breathtaking. The city has a smallish town feel, restaurants and bars are limited but good. Cost of living is very high, but if you want to live in the Bay Area but don’t want to be stuck in traffic then Santa Cruz is ideal.
How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
The Boardwalk is admission-free. If you’d like to take a stroll and enjoy the colorful oceanfront scene, it’s free and open to the public, even when the rides are closed.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
Santa Cruz is in a particularly perilous position. It has the high cost of living of Bay Area counties but with relatively lower incomes reflecting its low-wage agriculture and hospitality jobs. Still those incomes are often too high for families to be eligible for welfare programs. It’s a scary squeeze.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz?
The rate of crime in Santa Cruz is 39.62 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Santa Cruz generally consider the north part of the city to be the safest.
What is there to do in downtown Santa Cruz?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Bicycles on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Main Beach & Cowell Beach.
- Santa Cruz Wharf.
- West Cliff Drive & the Surfing Museum.
- Natural Bridges State Beach.
- Roaring Camp Railroad.
- Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruises.
Does Santa Cruz have a lot of crime?
With a crime rate of 57 per one thousand residents, Santa Cruz has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 18.