- 1 What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
- 2 What is there to see between San Francisco and Santa Cruz?
- 3 Where do you stop at Half Moon Bay?
- 4 How far is Santa Cruz from the Bay?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 6 How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
- 7 Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
- 8 How far is it from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park?
- 9 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 10 What should I wear to Half Moon Bay?
- 11 Are beaches open Half Moon Bay?
- 12 Can you swim at Half Moon Bay?
- 13 How long is the drive from San Francisco to Monterey Bay?
- 14 How far is Monterey from Big Sur?
- 15 How long is LA to Santa Cruz?
What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
Beaches on this list
- Ocean Beach.
- Dunes Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Elmar Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Francis Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Roosevelt Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Point Ano Nuevo Beach.
- Santa Cruz Main Beach.
What is there to see between San Francisco and Santa Cruz?
BEST STOPS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SANTA CRUZ
- *Mori Point (Pacifica)
- Pacifica State Beach and Taco Bell (Pacifica)
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (Moss Beach)
- Half Moon Bay.
- Beaches along the Coastline.
- *Arcangeli Grocery Co.
- Harley Farms Goat Dairy (Pescadero)
- *Pigeon Point Lighthouse (Pescadero)
Where do you stop at Half Moon Bay?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay State Beaches.
- 2. California Coastal Trail.
- Pillar Point Harbor.
- Pigeon Point Light Station State Historic Park.
- Dining and Shopping on Main Street.
- Lemos Farm.
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve.
- Half Moon Bay Golf Courses.
How far is Santa Cruz from the Bay?
There are 26.91 miles from Santa Cruz to Monterey in southeast direction and 42 miles (67.59 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Santa Cruz and Monterey are 46 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
Estimated drive time: 1.5 to 2 hours if you drive straight through; a half day if you linger and stop along the way.
Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
While the drive takes about three hours without stopping, you should plan on all day, with a few stops along the way. Two of my favorite stops are at Half Moon Bay State Beach, Pigeon Point Light Station, and Pescadero State Beach. Half Moon Bay State Beach is a lovely spot for an afternoon picnic.
How far is it from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park?
Yosemite National Park is approximately 167 miles east of San Francisco. Depending on how you choose to get there, travel time will take an average of 3 ½ – 4 ½ hours. Use this link to Google Maps for specific directions and routes that you can take from your point of departure anywhere in San Francisco.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
What should I wear to Half Moon Bay?
Half Moon Bay Golf Links require a polo shirt or turtleneck for male golfers. While women can wear outfits without collars, T-shirts and tank tops are discouraged, so women should try to also pack polo shirts or turtlenecks.
Are beaches open Half Moon Bay?
× This park unit is fully open. State Parks will continue to use a monitor and adapt strategy to meet any new guidance it may receive from local and state public health officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly, especially for the elderly, immune-compromised and the unvaccinated.
Can you swim at Half Moon Bay?
Swimming is not a good idea around Half Moon Bay. There are no lifeguard stations, and going into the water could kill you. The Half Moon Bay State Beach website warns: “The ocean water is very cold year round. In addition, strong rip currents can pull even the most experienced swimmers off shore.”
How long is the drive from San Francisco to Monterey Bay?
The distance from Monterey to San Francisco is about 120 miles. So, you’re not looking at a very long driving time either. You should only be on the road about two hours each way.
How far is Monterey from Big Sur?
There are 16.63 miles from Big Sur to Monterey in north direction and 20 miles (32.19 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Big Sur and Monterey are 33 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How long is LA to Santa Cruz?
The distance between Los Angeles and Santa Cruz is 295 miles. The road distance is 341.5 miles.