- 1 Where can I get firewood in Santa Cruz?
- 2 How much is a cord of wood in Santa Cruz?
- 3 How much does a cord of wood cost in Northern California?
- 4 What does 1/2 cord of wood look like?
- 5 Can you fit a cord of wood in a pickup truck?
- 6 What is the best way to season firewood?
- 7 How do I calculate how much firewood I need?
- 8 How much does a half cord of firewood cost?
Where can I get firewood in Santa Cruz?
Best firewood in Santa Cruz, CA
- Cozy Firewood. 5.2 mi. 20 reviews. Firewood.
- Koala Tree Care. 0.4 mi. 63 reviews.
- Huertaz Firewood Sale. 30.4 mi. 32 reviews.
- Locatelli’s Firewood. 6.0 mi. Firewood.
- Jeff Mead Firewood. 0.3 mi. 1 review.
- Natural Heat. 5.6 mi. Firewood.
- RG firewood. 35.7 mi. 1 review.
- Lewis Tree Service, Inc. 2.4 mi. 37 reviews.
How much is a cord of wood in Santa Cruz?
The price of firewood fluctuates, depending on the wood quality. But it usually sells for $250 to $450 a cord.
How much does a cord of wood cost in Northern California?
If, when measured, the width times the height, times the length equals 128 cubic feet, it is a cord of wood. Prices per cord vary throughout the state. In Southern California, the range is from $230-$480 per cord; in the Bay Area, $150-$400; in the Central Valley, $100-$275.
What does 1/2 cord of wood look like?
A 1/2 cord of firewood is an amount of wood that fills a space equal to 4 feet long, 4 feet high, and 4 feet deep. If you are buying firewood to use in your fireplace, a cord might be a little overkill. Most people who use their fireplace a few times a week might be better off with a face cord or a quarter cord.
Can you fit a cord of wood in a pickup truck?
Thanks for your help! If stacked neatly, 1/2 cord will fit into the back of a full-size pickup. Something mid-size, like a Dodge Dakota will hold a third of a cord. If you just randomly throw the wood in, it will fit considerably less in either case.
What is the best way to season firewood?
To season firewood properly, stack it in a place where the sun can warm it and the wind can blow through it. A single row exposed to the sun and prevailing winds is best—as the sun heats and evaporates the water from the wood, the wind whisks it away. Season for a season.
How do I calculate how much firewood I need?
To calculate the number of cords in a pile of fire wood – measure the length (l), the width (w) and the height (h) of the pile. Calculate the volume of the pile and divide the volume with 128 if your unit is feet – or with 3.62 if your unit is m.
How much does a half cord of firewood cost?
Half Cord of Wood Price A half cord of wood might range from $180 to $280. Half cords are typically four feet long, four feet high and four feet deep, or fill up a space that’s 64 cubic feet.