- 1 Where is the best area to stay in Santa Cruz?
- 2 Where can I stay in Santa Cruz?
- 3 Is Santa Cruz Boardwalk safe at night?
- 4 Is it safe to visit Santa Cruz?
- 5 What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz CA?
- 6 Is Santa Cruz Open?
- 7 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 8 What towns are close to Santa Cruz?
- 9 What is there to do in Santa Cruz Covid?
- 10 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 11 Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
- 12 Is Santa Cruz Riverwalk safe?
- 13 What is there to do in downtown Santa Cruz?
- 14 Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
Where is the best area to stay in Santa Cruz?
The best area to stay is along the beach, close to the Santa Cruz Wharf, which is lined with restaurants and shops and runs all the way into Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
Where can I stay in Santa Cruz?
Most recommended Santa Cruz hotels
- Chaminade Resort & Spa – Santa Cruz – Restaurant.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Cruz – Santa Cruz – Bedroom.
- Casablanca On The Beach – Santa Cruz – Outdoors view.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Santa Cruz – Santa Cruz – Lobby.
Is Santa Cruz Boardwalk safe at night?
The area around the boardwalk, called Beach Flats by the locals, is another place you should be cautious. The area is the home to many hotels because of their proximity to the beach, but its high crime and drug-use rate makes it not a great area to visit at night.
Is it safe to visit Santa Cruz?
Travelers generally need not worry about becoming victim of crime during their vacation in Santa Cruz. Those who want to be prepared, though, should know that car theft is the most common crime problem affecting travelers in the area. Santa Cruz is a generally safe place to visit.
What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz CA?
With a crime rate of 57 per one thousand residents, Santa Cruz has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 18.
Is Santa Cruz Open?
Santa Cruz County is open for business and ready to welcome you! Hotels, resorts, spas, restaurants, wineries, attractions, museums, parks, and more – take a look below for what to expect during your visit!
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
What towns are close to Santa Cruz?
Cities near Santa Cruz, California:
- Soquel, CA.
- Capitola, CA.
- Scotts Valley, CA.
- Aptos, CA.
- Watsonville, CA.
- Los Gatos, CA.
- Saratoga, CA.
- Campbell, CA.
What is there to do in Santa Cruz Covid?
Top Attractions in Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Drive. 1,322. Scenic Drives • Scenic Walking Areas.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. 3,602. Amusement & Theme Parks.
- Natural Bridges State Beach. 844. Beaches.
- Wilder Ranch State Park. 269.
- Roaring Camp Railroads. 708.
- Mystery Spot. 1,123.
- Santa Cruz Wharf. 1,324.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center. 253.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
Santa Cruz is in a particularly perilous position. It has the high cost of living of Bay Area counties but with relatively lower incomes reflecting its low-wage agriculture and hospitality jobs. Still those incomes are often too high for families to be eligible for welfare programs. It’s a scary squeeze.
Is Santa Cruz Riverwalk safe?
The San Lorenzo River and Santa Cruz Riverwalk remain a safe place where you can connect to nature and your neighbors.
What is there to do in downtown Santa Cruz?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Bicycles on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Main Beach & Cowell Beach.
- Santa Cruz Wharf.
- West Cliff Drive & the Surfing Museum.
- Natural Bridges State Beach.
- Roaring Camp Railroad.
- Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruises.
Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
This is a lovely beach town. The wharf is nice. There are hotels as you walk away from the wharf that are nice to eat and watch the scenery.