- 1 How do I get to Santa Cruz without a car?
- 2 Is Santa Cruz near Sacramento?
- 3 How do you get around Santa Cruz?
- 4 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 5 How can I tour California without a car?
- 6 How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
- 7 How long is it from Sacramento to Santa Cruz?
- 8 How long is Santa Cruz from Sacramento?
- 9 What is so great about Santa Cruz?
- 10 What airport do I fly into for Santa Cruz?
- 11 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 12 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Carmel?
- 13 Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
- 14 Does Monterey have a boardwalk?
How do I get to Santa Cruz without a car?
Santa Cruz, California
- In Santa Cruz, you can travel from the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary to the Redwoods without a car.
- A great way to access transportation options in Santa Cruz is to visit www.Cruz511.org.
- If you are coming by Air or Train, San Jose is the best destination.
Is Santa Cruz near Sacramento?
There are 114.87 miles from Sacramento to Santa Cruz in southwest direction and 146 miles (234.96 kilometers) by car, following the I-80 W route. Sacramento and Santa Cruz are 2 hours 24 mins far apart, if you drive non-stop. Sacramento, CA and Santa Cruz, CA are in the same time zone (PDT).
How do you get around Santa Cruz?
How to Get Around Santa Cruz
- Public Transportation. Downtown Santa Cruz and the Boardwalk are easily walkable, and everything is within 20 minutes’ walk.
- Taxis. If you are skipping between beaches and resort hotels, taxis can be a useful way to get around, but they aren’t cheap.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
How can I tour California without a car?
How to Visit California Without a Car
- One would ask about flights.
- Many trains and buses don’t require a reservation, so you can just show up at the station the day of your trip and grab a ticket without paying an exorbitant last-minute fare.
- Bus tickets cost $1.75, $2.50 if you board a Metro Express bus.
How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
The Boardwalk is admission-free. If you’d like to take a stroll and enjoy the colorful oceanfront scene, it’s free and open to the public, even when the rides are closed.
How long is it from Sacramento to Santa Cruz?
Yes, the driving distance between Sacramento to Santa Cruz is 147 miles. It takes approximately 2h 35m to drive from Sacramento to Santa Cruz.
How long is Santa Cruz from Sacramento?
Driving directions from Santa Cruz to Sacramento There is a 147 miles distance between Santa Cruz and Sacramento.
What is so great about Santa Cruz?
Besides the boardwalk, the main reason to visit Santa Cruz is the beach. The sunny Mediterranean weather, sandy shores, and safe waters make Santa Cruz one of the best beach destinations in northern California. In the same cove as Main Beach on the opposite side of the wharf, Cowell Beach is a famous surfers’ spot.
What airport do I fly into for Santa Cruz?
The nearest major airport is San Jose International Airport, 30 miles northeast of Santa Cruz. The nearest train depot is also located in San Jose. San Francisco International Airport is approximately 60 miles north of Santa Cruz, and Oakland International Airport is approximately 65 miles north of Santa Cruz.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Carmel?
Carmel is more quaint village with beach access. Monterey is more family friendly working coastal/pier town. If it was a relaxing trip, I’d definitely pick Carmel- better food, better browsing, more picturesque. No need to drive to Carmel.
Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
Monterey is 8.8% less expensive than Santa Cruz. Monterey housing costs are 12.5% less expensive than Santa Cruz housing costs.
Does Monterey have a boardwalk?
The Boardwalk – Cannery Row.