- 1 What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
- 2 How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
- 3 How far is Santa Cruz from the Bay?
- 4 What is between Santa Cruz and Halfmoon Bay?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 6 How far is it from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park?
- 7 What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
- 8 What is Big Sur known for?
- 9 Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
- 10 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 11 How far is Monterey Bay from San Francisco?
- 12 How far is Monterey from Big Sur?
- 13 Where do you stop at Half Moon Bay?
- 14 Does Highway 1 go through San Francisco?
What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
BEST STOPS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SANTA CRUZ
- *Mori Point (Pacifica)
- Pacifica State Beach and Taco Bell (Pacifica)
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (Moss Beach)
- Half Moon Bay.
- Beaches along the Coastline.
- *Arcangeli Grocery Co.
- Harley Farms Goat Dairy (Pescadero)
- *Pigeon Point Lighthouse (Pescadero)
How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
Estimated drive time: 1.5 to 2 hours if you drive straight through; a half day if you linger and stop along the way.
How far is Santa Cruz from the Bay?
There are 26.91 miles from Santa Cruz to Monterey in southeast direction and 42 miles (67.59 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Santa Cruz and Monterey are 46 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What is between Santa Cruz and Halfmoon Bay?
To reach the midway point from Santa Cruz to Half Moon Bay, you would drive for about 30 minutes or roughly 25 miles from Half Moon Bay to the halfway stop. The best place to meet based on recommendations from Trippy members is Pescadero. The location closest to the exact midpoint would be Ano Nuevo State Park Road.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
How far is it from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park?
Yosemite National Park is approximately 167 miles east of San Francisco. Depending on how you choose to get there, travel time will take an average of 3 ½ – 4 ½ hours. Use this link to Google Maps for specific directions and routes that you can take from your point of departure anywhere in San Francisco.
What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
For us, the best times to drive the Pacific Coast Highway are from late spring, through summer, to early fall. In July and August you have the best chance of almost-perfect weather, but you also have the busiest crowds and high-season hotel prices.
What is Big Sur known for?
Big Sur is renowned worldwide for its natural features and relatively pristine scenery. It is rated among the top 35 tourist destinations in the world. The Big Sur coast has been called the “longest and most scenic stretch of undeveloped coastline in the [contiguous] United States.”
Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
While the drive takes about three hours without stopping, you should plan on all day, with a few stops along the way. Two of my favorite stops are at Half Moon Bay State Beach, Pigeon Point Light Station, and Pescadero State Beach. Half Moon Bay State Beach is a lovely spot for an afternoon picnic.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
How far is Monterey Bay from San Francisco?
How far is Monterey from San Francisco? The distance from Monterey to San Francisco is about 120 miles. So, you’re not looking at a very long driving time either. You should only be on the road about two hours each way.
How far is Monterey from Big Sur?
There are 16.63 miles from Big Sur to Monterey in north direction and 20 miles (32.19 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Big Sur and Monterey are 33 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Where do you stop at Half Moon Bay?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay State Beaches.
- 2. California Coastal Trail.
- Pillar Point Harbor.
- Pigeon Point Light Station State Historic Park.
- Dining and Shopping on Main Street.
- Lemos Farm.
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve.
- Half Moon Bay Golf Courses.
Does Highway 1 go through San Francisco?
In San Francisco, Highway One is 19th Street. It’s a busy and mostly uninteresting route, with lots of stop lights and heavy traffic.