- 1 What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
- 2 How far is Santa Cruz from the Bay?
- 3 Is Santa Cruz more expensive than San Francisco?
- 4 What is between Santa Cruz and Halfmoon Bay?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 6 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 7 Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
- 8 How far is Monterey Bay from San Francisco?
- 9 Is Santa Cruz near San Francisco?
- 10 Is it cheaper to live in Colorado than California?
- 11 Is Denver or San Diego more expensive?
- 12 Where do you stop at Half Moon Bay?
- 13 How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
- 14 Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
BEST STOPS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SANTA CRUZ
- *Mori Point (Pacifica)
- Pacifica State Beach and Taco Bell (Pacifica)
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (Moss Beach)
- Half Moon Bay.
- Beaches along the Coastline.
- *Arcangeli Grocery Co.
- Harley Farms Goat Dairy (Pescadero)
- *Pigeon Point Lighthouse (Pescadero)
How far is Santa Cruz from the Bay?
There are 26.91 miles from Santa Cruz to Monterey in southeast direction and 42 miles (67.59 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Santa Cruz and Monterey are 46 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Is Santa Cruz more expensive than San Francisco?
San Francisco is 39.2% more expensive than Santa Cruz. Health related expenses are 1.6% more in San Francisco.
What is between Santa Cruz and Halfmoon Bay?
To reach the midway point from Santa Cruz to Half Moon Bay, you would drive for about 30 minutes or roughly 25 miles from Half Moon Bay to the halfway stop. The best place to meet based on recommendations from Trippy members is Pescadero. The location closest to the exact midpoint would be Ano Nuevo State Park Road.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
While the drive takes about three hours without stopping, you should plan on all day, with a few stops along the way. Two of my favorite stops are at Half Moon Bay State Beach, Pigeon Point Light Station, and Pescadero State Beach. Half Moon Bay State Beach is a lovely spot for an afternoon picnic.
How far is Monterey Bay from San Francisco?
How far is Monterey from San Francisco? The distance from Monterey to San Francisco is about 120 miles. So, you’re not looking at a very long driving time either. You should only be on the road about two hours each way.
Is Santa Cruz near San Francisco?
Santa Cruz is between about 75 miles from San Francisco (roughly 1 hr 15 min if you drive). So if time is of the essence, then it’s recommended that you drive there.
Is it cheaper to live in Colorado than California?
The cost of living in Denver, CO is -20.2% lower than in Los Angeles, CA. Employers in Denver, CO typically pay -10.6% less than employers in Los Angeles, CA.
Is Denver or San Diego more expensive?
San Diego is 24.4% more expensive than Denver. San Diego housing costs are 51.4% more expensive than Denver housing costs. Health related expenses are 3.8% less in San Diego.
Where do you stop at Half Moon Bay?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay State Beaches.
- 2. California Coastal Trail.
- Pillar Point Harbor.
- Pigeon Point Light Station State Historic Park.
- Dining and Shopping on Main Street.
- Lemos Farm.
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve.
- Half Moon Bay Golf Courses.
How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
Estimated drive time: 1.5 to 2 hours if you drive straight through; a half day if you linger and stop along the way.
Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
5/3/2021 Project Update: As of December 17, 2020, Main Street at Highway 1 is closed to all through traffic.