- 1 How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
- 2 What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
- 3 How long does it take to drive to Santa Cruz from sf?
- 4 How far is Santa Cruz from the Bay?
- 5 What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
- 6 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 7 Where do you stop at Half Moon Bay?
- 8 Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
- 9 What is the best stretch of Highway 1?
- 10 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 11 Does Santa Cruz have an airport?
- 12 Is Santa Cruz near San Francisco?
- 13 How far is Monterey from Big Sur?
- 14 How far is Monterey Bay from San Francisco?
- 15 Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
Estimated drive time: 1.5 to 2 hours if you drive straight through; a half day if you linger and stop along the way.
What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
Beaches on this list
- Ocean Beach.
- Dunes Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Elmar Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Francis Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Roosevelt Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Point Ano Nuevo Beach.
- Santa Cruz Main Beach.
How long does it take to drive to Santa Cruz from sf?
How long does it take to get from San Francisco to Santa Cruz? It takes less than 2 hours to get from the big city to the laid-back surfer town of Santa Cruz (with no traffic of course) on Highway 1, so you’ll be able to make a handful of stops in a short period of time.
How far is Santa Cruz from the Bay?
There are 26.91 miles from Santa Cruz to Monterey in southeast direction and 42 miles (67.59 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Santa Cruz and Monterey are 46 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
For us, the best times to drive the Pacific Coast Highway are from late spring, through summer, to early fall. In July and August you have the best chance of almost-perfect weather, but you also have the busiest crowds and high-season hotel prices.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Where do you stop at Half Moon Bay?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay State Beaches.
- 2. California Coastal Trail.
- Pillar Point Harbor.
- Pigeon Point Light Station State Historic Park.
- Dining and Shopping on Main Street.
- Lemos Farm.
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve.
- Half Moon Bay Golf Courses.
Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
5/3/2021 Project Update: As of December 17, 2020, Main Street at Highway 1 is closed to all through traffic.
What is the best stretch of Highway 1?
The Pacific Coast Highway (otherwise known as Highway 1 in California) is 656 miles long. But if you can’t drive the entire length of it, I recommend the short stretch between Monterey and Big Sur.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
Does Santa Cruz have an airport?
The nearest major airport is San Jose International Airport, 30 miles northeast of Santa Cruz. San Francisco International Airport is approximately 60 miles north of Santa Cruz, and Oakland International Airport is approximately 65 miles north of Santa Cruz.
Is Santa Cruz near San Francisco?
Santa Cruz is between about 75 miles from San Francisco (roughly 1 hr 15 min if you drive). So if time is of the essence, then it’s recommended that you drive there.
How far is Monterey from Big Sur?
There are 16.63 miles from Big Sur to Monterey in north direction and 20 miles (32.19 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Big Sur and Monterey are 33 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
How far is Monterey Bay from San Francisco?
How far is Monterey from San Francisco? The distance from Monterey to San Francisco is about 120 miles. So, you’re not looking at a very long driving time either. You should only be on the road about two hours each way.
Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
While the drive takes about three hours without stopping, you should plan on all day, with a few stops along the way. Two of my favorite stops are at Half Moon Bay State Beach, Pigeon Point Light Station, and Pescadero State Beach. Half Moon Bay State Beach is a lovely spot for an afternoon picnic.