- 1 How do I get from San Jose to Santa Cruz?
- 2 What airport do you fly into to get to Santa Cruz California?
- 3 How do I get to Santa Cruz without a car?
- 4 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 5 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 6 Does Amtrak go to Santa Cruz?
- 7 Where is Santa Cruz airport?
- 8 Is living in Santa Cruz worth it?
- 9 Can you visit California without a car?
- 10 How do you get around without a car?
- 11 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Carmel?
- 12 Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
- 13 Why is Santa Cruz warmer than Monterey?
How do I get from San Jose to Santa Cruz?
Trains to San Jose use the closest track. Avoid trains marked ACE. Get off at the Diridon Station. Taking the Highway 17 Express Bus to Santa Cruz: This bus leaves the Diridon Station and travels over the Santa Cruz Mountains (45 minutes) via Highway 17 ($4.00 one way).
What airport do you fly into to get to Santa Cruz California?
The nearest major airport is San Jose International Airport, 30 miles northeast of Santa Cruz. The nearest train depot is also located in San Jose. San Francisco International Airport is approximately 60 miles north of Santa Cruz, and Oakland International Airport is approximately 65 miles north of Santa Cruz.
How do I get to Santa Cruz without a car?
Santa Cruz, California
- In Santa Cruz, you can travel from the Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary to the Redwoods without a car.
- A great way to access transportation options in Santa Cruz is to visit www.Cruz511.org.
- If you are coming by Air or Train, San Jose is the best destination.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
Does Amtrak go to Santa Cruz?
Amtrak is the one and only train line which connects Los Angeles, California to Santa Cruz, California. However, there are 7 trains per day to choose from.
Where is Santa Cruz airport?
Santa Cruz Island Airport, in Santa Barbara, California, US. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport, located in Santacruz, a suburb of Mumbai, India.
Is living in Santa Cruz worth it?
It’s absolutely beautiful here. The coastline and surrounding redwood forest is breathtaking. The city has a smallish town feel, restaurants and bars are limited but good. Cost of living is very high, but if you want to live in the Bay Area but don’t want to be stuck in traffic then Santa Cruz is ideal.
Can you visit California without a car?
Unless you live in a big city like NYC, Chicago or San Francisco, you need a car to travel pretty much anywhere in the US. Is it possible to travel to California without a car? The answer is YES, you can visit California without a car!
How do you get around without a car?
Could You Live Without a Car?
- Ridesharing. Apps like Lyft and Uber have made getting around simpler than ever.
- Public transit. Public transportation systems vary greatly from city to city.
- Car sharing.
- Bike sharing.
- Car rental.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Carmel?
Carmel is more quaint village with beach access. Monterey is more family friendly working coastal/pier town. If it was a relaxing trip, I’d definitely pick Carmel- better food, better browsing, more picturesque. No need to drive to Carmel.
Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
Monterey is 8.8% less expensive than Santa Cruz. Monterey housing costs are 12.5% less expensive than Santa Cruz housing costs.
Why is Santa Cruz warmer than Monterey?
Why is Santa Cruz much warmer than Monterey? – Quora. Here is the simple answer: Coastal upwelling, caused by NW winds along the CA coast is the key. Upwelling, particularly off of the coast, in the area of Ano Nuevo in this case, brings cold water to the ocean’s surface.