- 1 What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
- 2 Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
- 3 How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
- 4 How far is Santa Cruz from the Bay?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 6 What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
- 7 Are Half Moon Bay beaches closed?
- 8 Are Half Moon Bay beaches open?
- 9 Is Half Moon Bay beach safe?
- 10 What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
- 11 What is the best stretch of Highway 1?
- 12 What is Big Sur known for?
- 13 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 14 Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
- 15 How far is Monterey Bay from San Francisco?
What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
Beaches on this list
- Ocean Beach.
- Dunes Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Elmar Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Francis Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Roosevelt Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Point Ano Nuevo Beach.
- Santa Cruz Main Beach.
Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
5/3/2021 Project Update: As of December 17, 2020, Main Street at Highway 1 is closed to all through traffic.
How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
Estimated drive time: 1.5 to 2 hours if you drive straight through; a half day if you linger and stop along the way.
How far is Santa Cruz from the Bay?
There are 26.91 miles from Santa Cruz to Monterey in southeast direction and 42 miles (67.59 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Santa Cruz and Monterey are 46 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
BEST STOPS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SANTA CRUZ
- *Mori Point (Pacifica)
- Pacifica State Beach and Taco Bell (Pacifica)
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (Moss Beach)
- Half Moon Bay.
- Beaches along the Coastline.
- *Arcangeli Grocery Co.
- Harley Farms Goat Dairy (Pescadero)
- *Pigeon Point Lighthouse (Pescadero)
Are Half Moon Bay beaches closed?
Are Half Moon Bay beaches open? Most state beaches in the Half Moon Bay area are open.
Are Half Moon Bay beaches open?
× This park unit is fully open. State Parks will continue to use a monitor and adapt strategy to meet any new guidance it may receive from local and state public health officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly, especially for the elderly, immune-compromised and the unvaccinated.
Is Half Moon Bay beach safe?
But No, it’s not really safe. Half Moon Bay is known for strong rip and high tides. If you want to take the chance to swim, go with a swimming partner and study the tide before heading into the water.
What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
For us, the best times to drive the Pacific Coast Highway are from late spring, through summer, to early fall. In July and August you have the best chance of almost-perfect weather, but you also have the busiest crowds and high-season hotel prices.
What is the best stretch of Highway 1?
The Pacific Coast Highway (otherwise known as Highway 1 in California) is 656 miles long. But if you can’t drive the entire length of it, I recommend the short stretch between Monterey and Big Sur.
What is Big Sur known for?
Big Sur is renowned worldwide for its natural features and relatively pristine scenery. It is rated among the top 35 tourist destinations in the world. The Big Sur coast has been called the “longest and most scenic stretch of undeveloped coastline in the [contiguous] United States.”
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
Where should I stop between Carmel and San Francisco?
While the drive takes about three hours without stopping, you should plan on all day, with a few stops along the way. Two of my favorite stops are at Half Moon Bay State Beach, Pigeon Point Light Station, and Pescadero State Beach. Half Moon Bay State Beach is a lovely spot for an afternoon picnic.
How far is Monterey Bay from San Francisco?
How far is Monterey from San Francisco? The distance from Monterey to San Francisco is about 120 miles. So, you’re not looking at a very long driving time either. You should only be on the road about two hours each way.