- 1 How far is Half Moon from Santa Cruz?
- 2 What is there to see between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay?
- 3 Where does Half Moon Bay stop?
- 4 Is Half Moon Bay free?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 6 What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
- 7 Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
- 8 Are beaches in Half Moon Bay open?
- 9 What is there to do in Covid Half Moon Bay?
- 10 What is there to do in Half Moon Bay at night?
- 11 Is Half Moon Bay beach safe?
- 12 Is there a downtown in Half Moon Bay?
- 13 Can you park overnight in Half Moon Bay?
How far is Half Moon from Santa Cruz?
The distance between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay is 41 miles. The road distance is 48.6 miles.
What is there to see between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay?
Beaches on this list
- Ocean Beach.
- Dunes Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Elmar Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Francis Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Roosevelt Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Point Ano Nuevo Beach.
- Santa Cruz Main Beach.
Where does Half Moon Bay stop?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay State Beaches.
- 2. California Coastal Trail.
- Pillar Point Harbor.
- Pigeon Point Light Station State Historic Park.
- Dining and Shopping on Main Street.
- Lemos Farm.
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve.
- Half Moon Bay Golf Courses.
Is Half Moon Bay free?
Fees are $10.00 per day per vehicle. This site is highly recommended for weekends and peak summer months when Poplar Beach and Francis Beach are heavily used. Francis Beach which is located at the Terminus of Kelly Avenue in Half Moon Bay. Facilities include beach, restrooms, picnic areas, campground and parking.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
BEST STOPS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SANTA CRUZ
- *Mori Point (Pacifica)
- Pacifica State Beach and Taco Bell (Pacifica)
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (Moss Beach)
- Half Moon Bay.
- Beaches along the Coastline.
- *Arcangeli Grocery Co.
- Harley Farms Goat Dairy (Pescadero)
- *Pigeon Point Lighthouse (Pescadero)
Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
5/3/2021 Project Update: As of December 17, 2020, Main Street at Highway 1 is closed to all through traffic.
Are beaches in Half Moon Bay open?
× This park unit is fully open. State Parks will continue to use a monitor and adapt strategy to meet any new guidance it may receive from local and state public health officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly, especially for the elderly, immune-compromised and the unvaccinated.
What is there to do in Covid Half Moon Bay?
Top Attractions in Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Coastside Trail. 292. Hiking Trails.
- Half Moon Bay State Beach. 660. Beaches.
- Pillar Point Harbor. 109. Points of Interest & Landmarks.
- Mavericks. 214.
- Pescadero State Beach. 170.
- Gray Whale Cove State Beach. State Parks • Beaches.
- Half Moon Bay Distillery. 130.
- Miramar Beach. 134.
What is there to do in Half Moon Bay at night?
Best things to do at night near Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
- Movies in the Meadow. 9.4 mi. Festivals.
- Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society. 2.0 mi.
- Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay. 2.8 mi.
- Pacific Coast Highway 1. 2.5 mi.
- Point Montara Light Station. 6.2 mi.
- Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival. 0.8 mi.
- Blue Blanket Improv. 0.6 mi.
- Vinoteca. 0.8 mi.
Is Half Moon Bay beach safe?
But No, it’s not really safe. Half Moon Bay is known for strong rip and high tides. If you want to take the chance to swim, go with a swimming partner and study the tide before heading into the water.
Is there a downtown in Half Moon Bay?
Half Moon Bay has one of the most charming downtown areas around, and if you come to the Coastside simply to visit the beach, you’re in for a surprise. Half Moon Bay’s Main Street has a rich history, with dozens of buildings of historic significance.
Can you park overnight in Half Moon Bay?
Half Moon Bay State Beach is one long sandy continuous beach below bluffs and dunes in the town of Half Moon Bay, California. If you want to camp overnight at Half Moon Bay State Beach there is a state park campground adjacent to the Francis lot.