- 1 What is between Santa Cruz and Halfmoon Bay?
- 2 Can you visit Half Moon Bay right now?
- 3 Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
- 4 How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
- 5 Where do you stop at Half Moon Bay?
- 6 What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
- 7 Are Half Moon Bay beaches open now?
- 8 Are Half Moon Bay beaches closed?
- 9 What is there to do in Covid Half Moon Bay?
- 10 Is Half Moon Bay beach safe?
- 11 Is there a downtown in Half Moon Bay?
- 12 What tier is Half Moon Bay in?
- 13 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 14 What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
- 15 What is the best stretch of Highway 1?
What is between Santa Cruz and Halfmoon Bay?
To reach the midway point from Santa Cruz to Half Moon Bay, you would drive for about 30 minutes or roughly 25 miles from Half Moon Bay to the halfway stop. The best place to meet based on recommendations from Trippy members is Pescadero. The location closest to the exact midpoint would be Ano Nuevo State Park Road.
Can you visit Half Moon Bay right now?
The Half Moon Bay Coastside has reopened for tourism, and we’re thrilled to once again welcome travelers to our seaside escape. On June 17th, San Mateo County officials announced that leisure travelers can safely enjoy the Half Moon Bay Coastside’s abundant hotels, restaurants, shops, and outside recreation.
Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
5/3/2021 Project Update: As of December 17, 2020, Main Street at Highway 1 is closed to all through traffic.
How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
Estimated drive time: 1.5 to 2 hours if you drive straight through; a half day if you linger and stop along the way.
Where do you stop at Half Moon Bay?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay State Beaches.
- 2. California Coastal Trail.
- Pillar Point Harbor.
- Pigeon Point Light Station State Historic Park.
- Dining and Shopping on Main Street.
- Lemos Farm.
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve.
- Half Moon Bay Golf Courses.
What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
BEST STOPS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SANTA CRUZ
- *Mori Point (Pacifica)
- Pacifica State Beach and Taco Bell (Pacifica)
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (Moss Beach)
- Half Moon Bay.
- Beaches along the Coastline.
- *Arcangeli Grocery Co.
- Harley Farms Goat Dairy (Pescadero)
- *Pigeon Point Lighthouse (Pescadero)
Are Half Moon Bay beaches open now?
× This park unit is fully open. State Parks will continue to use a monitor and adapt strategy to meet any new guidance it may receive from local and state public health officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly, especially for the elderly, immune-compromised and the unvaccinated.
Are Half Moon Bay beaches closed?
Are Half Moon Bay beaches open? Most state beaches in the Half Moon Bay area are open.
What is there to do in Covid Half Moon Bay?
Top Attractions in Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Coastside Trail. 292. Hiking Trails.
- Half Moon Bay State Beach. 660. Beaches.
- Pillar Point Harbor. 109. Points of Interest & Landmarks.
- Mavericks. 214.
- Pescadero State Beach. 170.
- Gray Whale Cove State Beach. State Parks • Beaches.
- Half Moon Bay Distillery. 130.
- Miramar Beach. 134.
Is Half Moon Bay beach safe?
But No, it’s not really safe. Half Moon Bay is known for strong rip and high tides. If you want to take the chance to swim, go with a swimming partner and study the tide before heading into the water.
Is there a downtown in Half Moon Bay?
Half Moon Bay has one of the most charming downtown areas around, and if you come to the Coastside simply to visit the beach, you’re in for a surprise. Half Moon Bay’s Main Street has a rich history, with dozens of buildings of historic significance.
What tier is Half Moon Bay in?
The county now joins San Francisco as the only other Bay Area county and one of just nine counties statewide in the yellow tier and able to expand indoor business.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
For us, the best times to drive the Pacific Coast Highway are from late spring, through summer, to early fall. In July and August you have the best chance of almost-perfect weather, but you also have the busiest crowds and high-season hotel prices.
What is the best stretch of Highway 1?
The Pacific Coast Highway (otherwise known as Highway 1 in California) is 656 miles long. But if you can’t drive the entire length of it, I recommend the short stretch between Monterey and Big Sur.