- 1 Is Santa Cruz or Monterey closer?
- 2 What’s between Santa Cruz and Monterey?
- 3 Why is Santa Cruz warmer than Monterey?
- 4 Where do you stop on the way to Monterey?
- 5 Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
- 6 Is Santa Cruz better than Monterey?
- 7 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Carmel?
- 8 Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
- 9 Does Monterey have a boardwalk?
- 10 Why is Monterey so cold?
- 11 Is it safe to swim in Monterey Bay?
- 12 Is Santa Cruz warmer than Monterey?
- 13 What is the prettiest part of the Pacific Coast Highway?
- 14 Which part of Highway 1 is best?
- 15 Where should I stop between LA and Monterey?
Is Santa Cruz or Monterey closer?
There are 26.91 miles from Santa Cruz to Monterey in southeast direction and 42 miles (67.59 kilometers) by car, following the CA 1 route. Santa Cruz and Monterey are 46 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop. Santa Cruz, CA and Monterey, CA are in the same time zone (PDT). Current time in both locations is 8:02 pm.
What’s between Santa Cruz and Monterey?
Halfway between Monterey and Santa Cruz The best place to meet based on recommendations from Trippy members is Moss Landing.
Why is Santa Cruz warmer than Monterey?
Why is Santa Cruz much warmer than Monterey? – Quora. Here is the simple answer: Coastal upwelling, caused by NW winds along the CA coast is the key. Upwelling, particularly off of the coast, in the area of Ano Nuevo in this case, brings cold water to the ocean’s surface.
Where do you stop on the way to Monterey?
Monterey County: Six Spots to Explore on Your Road Trip
- Hike Point Lobos.
- Marvel at Mission San Carlos Borroméo de Carmelo.
- Eat a Pretzel at Cannery Row Brewing Company.
- Walk in John Steinbeck’s Shoes.
- Explore a Cave in Pinnacles National Park.
- Drive the Big Sur Coastline.
Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
Monterey is 8.8% less expensive than Santa Cruz. Monterey housing costs are 12.5% less expensive than Santa Cruz housing costs.
Is Santa Cruz better than Monterey?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Carmel?
Carmel is more quaint village with beach access. Monterey is more family friendly working coastal/pier town. If it was a relaxing trip, I’d definitely pick Carmel- better food, better browsing, more picturesque. No need to drive to Carmel.
Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
This is a lovely beach town. The wharf is nice. There are hotels as you walk away from the wharf that are nice to eat and watch the scenery.
Does Monterey have a boardwalk?
The Boardwalk – Cannery Row.
Why is Monterey so cold?
Monterey Bay’s submarine canyon, which reaches depths two miles below sea level—a distance comparable to those the Grand Canyon descends on land—also helps produce the area’s cool climate. The dense, cold water in the Bay’s underwater abyss is cycled to the surface by a process known as upwelling.
Is it safe to swim in Monterey Bay?
Monterey beaches generally do not have lifeguards, and at even the most protected, bathers and waders should remain aware of our cold water and unpredictable surf. Small children and pets should not play in waves outside their depth on any Monterey beach.
Is Santa Cruz warmer than Monterey?
Today was actually a reversal, Monterey was warmer than Santa Cruz because winds came from the south and drove the low clouds into Santa Cruz – it was fun seeing the opposite side of the bay get the fog for once.
What is the prettiest part of the Pacific Coast Highway?
PACIFIC COAST HIGHWAY: THE MOST SCENIC SPOTS
- The Golden Gate Bridge.
- Greyhound Rock Beach.
- Carmel by the Sea.
- Big Sur and Pfeiffer State Beach.
- Dana Point.
- Point Loma.
- How Gray Line San Francisco can help you explore:
Which part of Highway 1 is best?
The best of California’s Highway 1
- SUPER RICA, SANTA BARBARA.
- HEARST CASTLE, SAN SIMEON.
- VENTANA INN & SPA, BIG SUR.
- NEPENTHE, BIG SUR.
- POINT LOBOS STATE NATURAL RESERVE.
- MISSION RANCH, CARMEL.
- PEBBLE BEACH.
- MONTEREY BAY AQUARIUM, MONTEREY.
Where should I stop between LA and Monterey?
Pismo Beach is the most mid way point between Monterey and LA, But Cambria or Morro Bay would also be good choices.