- 1 Is Santa Cruz bike friendly?
- 2 Is it safe to bike on Highway1?
- 3 What is there to see between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay?
- 4 Where does Half Moon Bay stop?
- 5 Is Capitola bike friendly?
- 6 Where can I cycle in Santa Cruz?
- 7 Can you ride a bike on PCH?
- 8 How long does it take to bike the PCH?
- 9 Can you bike on US 101?
- 10 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 11 What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
- 12 Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
- 13 Are beaches open in Half Moon Bay?
- 14 What is there to do in Half Moon Bay at night?
- 15 What should I wear to Half Moon Bay?
Is Santa Cruz bike friendly?
With a show-stopping landscape and temperate climate, Santa Cruz is a bike riding nirvana. The county is laced with trails that lead alongside bay waters, through idyllic farmland, and into atmospheric redwood groves. Plus, a wealth of shops rent bikes and gear for every adventure type and skill level.
Is it safe to bike on Highway1?
it’s legal. there are many riders who use hwy 1 for bike touring. some parts of hwy 1 have decent bike lanes and there are other areas where it’s a little sketchy and narrow, but doable if your familiar with the rules of road biking. state law says cyclists can ride on ANY public road, which includes freeways/ highways.
What is there to see between Santa Cruz and Half Moon Bay?
Beaches on this list
- Ocean Beach.
- Dunes Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Elmar Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Francis Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Roosevelt Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Point Ano Nuevo Beach.
- Santa Cruz Main Beach.
Where does Half Moon Bay stop?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay State Beaches.
- 2. California Coastal Trail.
- Pillar Point Harbor.
- Pigeon Point Light Station State Historic Park.
- Dining and Shopping on Main Street.
- Lemos Farm.
- Purisima Creek Redwoods Open Space Preserve.
- Half Moon Bay Golf Courses.
Is Capitola bike friendly?
Capitola is a very walkable/bike rideable community. With a bit of planning you can find several ways to get out of your car and help contribute to a better environment.
Where can I cycle in Santa Cruz?
Santa Cruz Scenic Bike Trails
- West Cliff Drive. Santa Cruz.
- Forest of Nisene Marks State Park. Aptos.
- Soquel Avenue / Soquel Drive. Santa Cruz.
- University of California at Santa Cruz. UC Santa Cruz.
- De Laveaga Park. Santa Cruz.
- Watsonville Wetlands. Watsonville.
Can you ride a bike on PCH?
There is no actual bike lane on PCH. Often, cyclists will ride to the right of the highway lane line, which provides a nice wide shoulder for riding.
How long does it take to bike the PCH?
This California Coast Classic Bike Tour takes place over 525 miles and 8 days from San Francisco to Los Angeles.
Can you bike on US 101?
ANSWER from CHP Officer Jon Sloat: There is no exception in the Vehicle Code under these circumstances. When there is a sign on the on-ramp that prohibits bicycles, pedestrians, etc., they are not allowed, which is the case throughout Sonoma County. The sign that says “Use 101” is intended for motorized vehicles.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
BEST STOPS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SANTA CRUZ
- *Mori Point (Pacifica)
- Pacifica State Beach and Taco Bell (Pacifica)
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (Moss Beach)
- Half Moon Bay.
- Beaches along the Coastline.
- *Arcangeli Grocery Co.
- Harley Farms Goat Dairy (Pescadero)
- *Pigeon Point Lighthouse (Pescadero)
Is Highway 1 Half Moon Bay open?
5/3/2021 Project Update: As of December 17, 2020, Main Street at Highway 1 is closed to all through traffic.
Are beaches open in Half Moon Bay?
Are Half Moon Bay beaches open? Most state beaches in the Half Moon Bay area are open. What other recreation is open in Half Moon Bay? Fitzgerald Marine Reserve, Memorial Park, Sam McDonald Park, Quarry Park, Pillar Point Bluff, Mirada Surf West, and Devil’s Slide are open.
What is there to do in Half Moon Bay at night?
Best things to do at night near Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
- Movies in the Meadow. 9.4 mi. Festivals.
- Bach Dancing & Dynamite Society. 2.0 mi.
- Beach House Hotel Half Moon Bay. 2.8 mi.
- Pacific Coast Highway 1. 2.5 mi.
- Point Montara Light Station. 6.2 mi.
- Half Moon Bay Pumpkin Festival. 0.8 mi.
- Blue Blanket Improv. 0.6 mi.
- Vinoteca. 0.8 mi.
What should I wear to Half Moon Bay?
Half Moon Bay Golf Links require a polo shirt or turtleneck for male golfers. While women can wear outfits without collars, T-shirts and tank tops are discouraged, so women should try to also pack polo shirts or turtlenecks.