- 1 How do you get around Santa Cruz?
- 2 What is there to do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
- 3 Do you have to wear a mask at Santa Cruz Beach?
- 4 Is Santa Cruz safe to walk around?
- 5 What is so great about Santa Cruz?
- 6 What airport do you fly in for Santa Cruz?
- 7 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 8 Is Santa Cruz Safe 2020?
- 9 Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
- 10 How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
- 11 Are all rides open at Santa Cruz?
- 12 Are California beaches open now?
- 13 Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
- 14 Is Santa Cruz Boardwalk dangerous?
- 15 Where to avoid in Santa Cruz?
How do you get around Santa Cruz?
How to Get Around Santa Cruz
- Public Transportation. Downtown Santa Cruz and the Boardwalk are easily walkable, and everything is within 20 minutes’ walk.
- Taxis. If you are skipping between beaches and resort hotels, taxis can be a useful way to get around, but they aren’t cheap.
What is there to do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
Top Attractions in Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Drive. 1,322. Scenic Drives • Scenic Walking Areas.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. 3,602. Amusement & Theme Parks.
- Natural Bridges State Beach. 844. Beaches.
- Wilder Ranch State Park. 269.
- Roaring Camp Railroads. 708.
- Mystery Spot. 1,123.
- Santa Cruz Wharf. 1,324.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center. 253.
Do you have to wear a mask at Santa Cruz Beach?
As of July 19, 2021, the Santa Cruz County Health Officer recommends that everyone, regardless of vaccination status, wear masks indoors in public places. Please take our Safety Pledge to protect others and yourself by wearing your mask and social distancing.
Is Santa Cruz safe to walk around?
Santa Cruz: Health & Safety The downtown is busy and active and safe to walk around in until midnight. The town does have a large number of street people or homeless people because the city leaders are compassionate and tolerant and the weather is so good.
What is so great about Santa Cruz?
Besides the boardwalk, the main reason to visit Santa Cruz is the beach. The sunny Mediterranean weather, sandy shores, and safe waters make Santa Cruz one of the best beach destinations in northern California. In the same cove as Main Beach on the opposite side of the wharf, Cowell Beach is a famous surfers’ spot.
What airport do you fly in for Santa Cruz?
The nearest major airport is San Jose International Airport, 30 miles northeast of Santa Cruz. The nearest train depot is also located in San Jose. San Francisco International Airport is approximately 60 miles north of Santa Cruz, and Oakland International Airport is approximately 65 miles north of Santa Cruz.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Is Santa Cruz Safe 2020?
Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Santa Cruz’s proper boundaries only. The rate of crime in Santa Cruz is 39.62 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
This is a lovely beach town. The wharf is nice. There are hotels as you walk away from the wharf that are nice to eat and watch the scenery.
How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
The Boardwalk is admission-free. If you’d like to take a stroll and enjoy the colorful oceanfront scene, it’s free and open to the public, even when the rides are closed.
Are all rides open at Santa Cruz?
Posted Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 4:13 pm PT Rides at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk are now open daily. At least 15 rides will be open weekdays, while at least 20 rides will be open on weekends and holidays, weather permitting, according to the boardwalk.
Are California beaches open now?
Most beaches in California are reopen as of now. There are more than 1,500 beaches across the state’s 15 coastal counties. The California Coastal Commission has been allowing local officials to make case-by-case decisions, resulting in a mix of restrictions.
Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
Santa Cruz is in a particularly perilous position. It has the high cost of living of Bay Area counties but with relatively lower incomes reflecting its low-wage agriculture and hospitality jobs. Still those incomes are often too high for families to be eligible for welfare programs. It’s a scary squeeze.
Is Santa Cruz Boardwalk dangerous?
The area around the boardwalk, called Beach Flats by the locals, is another place you should be cautious. The area is the home to many hotels because of their proximity to the beach, but its high crime and drug-use rate makes it not a great area to visit at night.
Where to avoid in Santa Cruz?
If you can, stay clear of Barson St and the surrounding semi-circle area between Broadway and San Lorenzo Blvd, and also the Boardwalk area east of Riverside Ave. downtown, the river areas, by the boardwalk, should all be avoided if alone and if you are a female.