- 1 What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
- 2 How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
- 3 How much does it cost to take the train to San Francisco?
- 4 Where is Santa Cruz in relation to San Francisco?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 6 How far is it from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park?
- 7 What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
- 8 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 9 What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
- 10 Does Amtrak offer sleeper cars?
- 11 How long is the train ride to San Francisco?
- 12 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 13 Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
What is there to do between Santa Cruz and San Francisco?
BEST STOPS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO SANTA CRUZ
- *Mori Point (Pacifica)
- Pacifica State Beach and Taco Bell (Pacifica)
- JV Fitzgerald Marine Reserve (Moss Beach)
- Half Moon Bay.
- Beaches along the Coastline.
- *Arcangeli Grocery Co.
- Harley Farms Goat Dairy (Pescadero)
- *Pigeon Point Lighthouse (Pescadero)
How long is the drive from Santa Cruz to San Francisco on Highway 1?
Estimated drive time: 1.5 to 2 hours if you drive straight through; a half day if you linger and stop along the way.
How much does it cost to take the train to San Francisco?
Amtrak tickets to San Francisco costs between $53 and USD 53.25 each seat. This $53 train leaves at 12:00 from Los Angeles train station at Union Station, Los Angeles, CA. On the contrary, the train leaving at 12:00 have the most expensive ticket to San Francisco for about USD 53.25.
Where is Santa Cruz in relation to San Francisco?
As of 2019, the U.S. Census Bureau estimated Santa Cruz’s population at 64,608. Situated on the northern edge of Monterey Bay, about 32 mi (51 km) south of San Jose and 75 mi (120 km) south of San Francisco, the city is part of the 12-county San Jose-San Francisco-Oakland Combined Statistical Area.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
How far is it from San Francisco to Yosemite National Park?
Yosemite National Park is approximately 167 miles east of San Francisco. Depending on how you choose to get there, travel time will take an average of 3 ½ – 4 ½ hours. Use this link to Google Maps for specific directions and routes that you can take from your point of departure anywhere in San Francisco.
What is the best time of year to drive the Pacific Coast Highway?
For us, the best times to drive the Pacific Coast Highway are from late spring, through summer, to early fall. In July and August you have the best chance of almost-perfect weather, but you also have the busiest crowds and high-season hotel prices.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
What is there to see between Half Moon Bay and Santa Cruz?
Beaches on this list
- Ocean Beach.
- Dunes Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Elmar Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Francis Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Roosevelt Beach – Half Moon Bay State Beach.
- Point Ano Nuevo Beach.
- Santa Cruz Main Beach.
Does Amtrak offer sleeper cars?
The Amtrak Sleeping Car fleet consists of two types of cars: Superliner and Viewliner. The primary difference: a Superliner features two levels of private accommodations per car and Viewliner features a single level. For your trip, the type of car will depend on the route you select.
How long is the train ride to San Francisco?
Los Angeles – San Francisco Train Schedule Traveling by train from Los Angeles to San Francisco usually takes around 10 hours and 7 minutes, but the fastest Amtrak train can make the trip in 9 hours and 30 minutes.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
This is a lovely beach town. The wharf is nice. There are hotels as you walk away from the wharf that are nice to eat and watch the scenery.