How do you use a grease port?
How to Use a Grease Gun Zerk Fitting
- Purchase a grease gun with a zerk fitting on the end of it.
- Press the end of the grease gun on the end of the zerk fitting.
- Pump the grease gun.
- Stop pumping when you see grease squeeze out the edges of the ball joint.
Can you use wd40 on bike suspension?
Yes you can use WD 40 on your chain. The big problem is getting the WD 40 on the rubber seals in the rear wheel bearings, suspension bearings, and the BB bearings. The WD 40 can really clean up a chainit is too light to stick around long enough to act as a good lubricant
What is Santa Cruz VPP?
Virtual Pivot Point (VPPTM) Suspension Design. VPP™ is designed to work with the best available technology from suspension manufacturers that will be supported long-term. It doesn’t require novelty shocks and hardware that may have dubious long-term support.
How often replace Santa Cruz bearings?
Upper and Lower Link Bearing Replacement – MY17 and MY18 We recommend servicing your links annually or after every 100-150 hours of riding, depending on your riding style and riding conditions.
How do you maintain a mountain bike?
How To Maintain your Mountain Bike
- Don’t use a high pressure washer, but lather the bike instead.
- Check the brake pads of your disc- or V-brakes regularly.
- Regularly check the tyre pressure.
- Regularly check the bolts on your bike.
Can you over grease a Zerk fitting?
Use Just Enough: Don’t overfill when you grease Zerk fittings. Usually, three or four pumps of grease are enough and over-greasing a joint pushes grease out the aforementioned seals, which attracts dust, sand, and dirt. Contaminated grease can damage moving parts, so avoid having excess squish out the seals.
Are there different sizes of grease Zerks?
Grease fittings come in many different styles. There are two grease fittings that are very common. These are the 1/4″-28 thread and the 1/8″ NPT thread. However, there are other less common grease fitting threads in use.