- 1 Where is the best area to stay in Santa Cruz?
- 2 Where can I stay in Santa Cruz?
- 3 Is Santa Cruz dangerous at night?
- 4 Is Santa Cruz safe to walk around?
- 5 What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz CA?
- 6 Is Santa Cruz Open?
- 7 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 8 What towns are close to Santa Cruz?
- 9 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 10 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 11 What should I wear to Santa Cruz?
- 12 Does it snow in Santa Cruz CA?
- 13 What can you do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
- 14 How long is the Santa Cruz Boardwalk?
- 15 What is there to do in Santa Cruz today?
Where is the best area to stay in Santa Cruz?
The best area to stay is along the beach, close to the Santa Cruz Wharf, which is lined with restaurants and shops and runs all the way into Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
Where can I stay in Santa Cruz?
Most recommended Santa Cruz hotels
- Chaminade Resort & Spa – Santa Cruz – Restaurant.
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Cruz – Santa Cruz – Bedroom.
- Casablanca On The Beach – Santa Cruz – Outdoors view.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Santa Cruz – Santa Cruz – Lobby.
Is Santa Cruz dangerous at night?
The area around the boardwalk, called Beach Flats by the locals, is another place you should be cautious. The area is the home to many hotels because of their proximity to the beach, but its high crime and drug-use rate makes it not a great area to visit at night.
Is Santa Cruz safe to walk around?
Santa Cruz: Health & Safety The downtown is busy and active and safe to walk around in until midnight. The town does have a large number of street people or homeless people because the city leaders are compassionate and tolerant and the weather is so good.
What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz CA?
With a crime rate of 57 per one thousand residents, Santa Cruz has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 18.
Is Santa Cruz Open?
Santa Cruz County is open for business and ready to welcome you! Hotels, resorts, spas, restaurants, wineries, attractions, museums, parks, and more – take a look below for what to expect during your visit!
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
What towns are close to Santa Cruz?
Cities near Santa Cruz, California:
- Soquel, CA.
- Capitola, CA.
- Scotts Valley, CA.
- Aptos, CA.
- Watsonville, CA.
- Los Gatos, CA.
- Saratoga, CA.
- Campbell, CA.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
What should I wear to Santa Cruz?
How to Dress Like a Local
- The Puffy Jacket. The puffy jacket is a year-long staple in Santa Cruz.
- Flip Flops & Sunglasses. Much like the puffy, flip flops are a four-season statement.
- The Brewery Sweatshirt.
- The Cozy Sweater & Scarf Combo.
- The Flannel.
Does it snow in Santa Cruz CA?
Santa Cruz averages 0 inches of snow per year.
What can you do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
Top Attractions in Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Drive. 1,322. Scenic Drives • Scenic Walking Areas.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. 3,602. Amusement & Theme Parks.
- Natural Bridges State Beach. 844. Beaches.
- Wilder Ranch State Park. 269.
- Roaring Camp Railroads. 708.
- Mystery Spot. 1,123.
- Santa Cruz Wharf. 1,324.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center. 253.
How long is the Santa Cruz Boardwalk?
The Boardwalk is located along a scenic mile-long public beach on Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.
What is there to do in Santa Cruz today?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Bicycles on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Main Beach & Cowell Beach.
- Santa Cruz Wharf.
- West Cliff Drive & the Surfing Museum.
- Natural Bridges State Beach.
- Roaring Camp Railroad.
- Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruises.