- 1 What is there to do in Santa Cruz this weekend?
- 2 Is Santa Cruz dangerous at night?
- 3 Are there fireworks at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk?
- 4 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 5 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 6 What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz?
- 7 Does Santa Cruz have a lot of crime?
- 8 Is UC Santa Cruz safe?
- 9 What is there to do in Santa Cruz on the 4th of July?
- 10 What is there to do in Santa Cruz Covid?
- 11 How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
- 12 Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
- 13 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Carmel?
- 14 Where can I sleep on the Pacific Coast Highway?
What is there to do in Santa Cruz this weekend?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Bicycles on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Main Beach & Cowell Beach.
- Santa Cruz Wharf.
- West Cliff Drive & the Surfing Museum.
- Natural Bridges State Beach.
- Roaring Camp Railroad.
- Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruises.
Is Santa Cruz dangerous at night?
The area around the boardwalk, called Beach Flats by the locals, is another place you should be cautious. The area is the home to many hotels because of their proximity to the beach, but its high crime and drug-use rate makes it not a great area to visit at night.
Are there fireworks at Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk?
There are firework shows in Santa Cruz County. The Beach Boardwalk has a fireworks show in June to celebrate the Boardwalk’s birthday. Scotts Valley have a fireworks display around the 4th of July holiday. Fireworks at Seacliff State Beach in October is sponsored by the Monte Foundation to raise money for schools.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
What is the crime rate in Santa Cruz?
The rate of crime in Santa Cruz is 39.62 per 1,000 residents during a standard year. People who live in Santa Cruz generally consider the north part of the city to be the safest.
Does Santa Cruz have a lot of crime?
With a crime rate of 57 per one thousand residents, Santa Cruz has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 18.
Is UC Santa Cruz safe?
Overall, UCSC is a very safe campus and has remained this way by being proactive and educating the college community about campus safety. With all members of the COSMOS community taking responsibility for campus safety, we can provide an even safer environment for the college community and its guests.
What is there to do in Santa Cruz on the 4th of July?
4th of July Events in Santa Cruz
- Roaring Camp 4th of July Bash. Felton.
- Old-Fashioned Independence Day. Wilder Ranch SP.
- World’s Shortest 4th of July Parade. Aptos.
- Boulder Creek 4th of July Parade. Boulder Creek.
- 4th of July Fireworks. Scotts Valley.
- Spirit of Watsonville 4th of July Parade.
- Santa Cruz Firecracker Race.
What is there to do in Santa Cruz Covid?
Top Attractions in Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Drive. 1,322. Scenic Drives • Scenic Walking Areas.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. 3,602. Amusement & Theme Parks.
- Natural Bridges State Beach. 844. Beaches.
- Wilder Ranch State Park. 269.
- Roaring Camp Railroads. 708.
- Mystery Spot. 1,123.
- Santa Cruz Wharf. 1,324.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center. 253.
How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
The Boardwalk is admission-free. If you’d like to take a stroll and enjoy the colorful oceanfront scene, it’s free and open to the public, even when the rides are closed.
Is Santa Cruz or Monterey cheaper?
Monterey is 8.8% less expensive than Santa Cruz. Monterey housing costs are 12.5% less expensive than Santa Cruz housing costs.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Carmel?
Carmel is more quaint village with beach access. Monterey is more family friendly working coastal/pier town. If it was a relaxing trip, I’d definitely pick Carmel- better food, better browsing, more picturesque. No need to drive to Carmel.
Where can I sleep on the Pacific Coast Highway?
USA: 5 Great Towns For An Overnight Stay Along The Pacific Coast Highway, California
- Monterey. (San Francisco – Monterey: 1 h 56 min, 120 miles)
- Cambria. (Monterey – Cambria: 2 h 29 min, 141 miles)
- Pismo Beach. (Cambria – Pismo Beach: 52 min, 46 miles)
- Solvang. (Pismo Beach – Solvang: 52 min, 53.9 miles)
- Santa Monica.