- 1 What can you do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
- 2 What is the best time to visit Santa Cruz?
- 3 What is there to do in Santa Cruz Besides the boardwalk?
- 4 What is Santa Cruz known for?
- 5 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 6 Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
- 7 Does Santa Cruz get hot?
- 8 Is it safe to visit Santa Cruz?
- 9 How cold does it get in Santa Cruz?
- 10 How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
- 11 Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
- 12 What food is Santa Cruz known for?
- 13 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 14 How do I spend a day in Santa Cruz?
- 15 Is Santa Cruz considered the Bay Area?
What can you do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
Top Attractions in Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Drive. 1,322. Scenic Drives • Scenic Walking Areas.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. 3,602. Amusement & Theme Parks.
- Natural Bridges State Beach. 844. Beaches.
- Wilder Ranch State Park. 269.
- Roaring Camp Railroads. 708.
- Mystery Spot. 1,123.
- Santa Cruz Wharf. 1,324.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center. 253.
What is the best time to visit Santa Cruz?
The best time to visit Santa Cruz is from September through November when the summer tourists have returned home, leaving a bit more room on the beaches, walking paths and other attractions.
What is there to do in Santa Cruz Besides the boardwalk?
Things to Do near Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- Santa Cruz Wharf. #10 of 81 things to do in Santa Cruz.
- Boardwalk’s Cocoanut Grove. #39 of 81 things to do in Santa Cruz.
- Neptune’s Kingdom.
- Herp’s Derps.
- Boardwalk Bowl.
- West Cliff Drive.
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center.
- Venture Quest Day Kayaking.
What is Santa Cruz known for?
While Santa Cruz is widely known for its spectacular beaches, nice weather, surf culture, and vibrant arts and culture community, the city is also known for many other things. Visitors can participate in an abundance of outdoor activities, including bird-watching, biking, hiking, and rock climbing.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
This is a lovely beach town. The wharf is nice. There are hotels as you walk away from the wharf that are nice to eat and watch the scenery.
Does Santa Cruz get hot?
Days of Hot Weather in Santa Cruz While Santa Cruz can get a taste of hot weather during summer and early fall, really hot days are rare. The seaside city averages just five days a year when the temperature climbs into the 90s F (over 32 °C), typically during June to October.
Is it safe to visit Santa Cruz?
Travelers generally need not worry about becoming victim of crime during their vacation in Santa Cruz. Those who want to be prepared, though, should know that car theft is the most common crime problem affecting travelers in the area. Santa Cruz is a generally safe place to visit.
How cold does it get in Santa Cruz?
In Santa Cruz, the summers are short, comfortable, dry, and mostly clear and the winters are short, cold, wet, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 45°F to 70°F and is rarely below 38°F or above 80°F.
How much does Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk cost?
The Boardwalk is admission-free. If you’d like to take a stroll and enjoy the colorful oceanfront scene, it’s free and open to the public, even when the rides are closed.
Why is Santa Cruz dangerous?
Santa Cruz is in a particularly perilous position. It has the high cost of living of Bay Area counties but with relatively lower incomes reflecting its low-wage agriculture and hospitality jobs. Still those incomes are often too high for families to be eligible for welfare programs. It’s a scary squeeze.
What food is Santa Cruz known for?
50 Foods You Must Try in Santa Cruz Before You Die
- Tacos from Los Gallos Taqueria.
- Waffles from Silver Spur.
- Acai Bowl from Cafe Brasil.
- Slice and T-Shirt from Pizza My Heart.
- Basic Betty with Sweet Potato Fries from Betty’s Burgers.
- BBQ Beef from Jia Tella’s Cambodian Cuisine.
- Roll of the Day from Akira.
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
How do I spend a day in Santa Cruz?
Santa Cruz day trip – Fun things to do
- Meet the sea lions at Santa Cruz Wharf.
- Jump on a vintage ride at the Beach Boardwalk.
- Cruise along West Cliff Drive.
- Discover the surfing heritage at the Surfing Museum.
- Watch local surfers ride the waves.
- Witness butterfly magic at Natural Bridges State Beach.
Is Santa Cruz considered the Bay Area?
Still, there are those who will always insist that Santa Cruz is part the Bay Area no matter what any map has to say about it. The nine counties are San Francisco, Solano, Marin, Contra Costa, Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Sonoma and Napa. You’ll be surprised at some of the places we do and don’t call the Bay Area.