- 1 What is there to do in Santa Cruz in the winter?
- 2 What is Santa Cruz like in December?
- 3 What can you do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
- 4 Is Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk open in December?
- 5 What do people wear in Santa Cruz in the winter?
- 6 What can you do for free in Santa Cruz?
- 7 What is the best time to visit Santa Cruz?
- 8 Is it safe to visit Santa Cruz?
- 9 Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
- 10 Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
- 11 What food is Santa Cruz known for?
- 12 How much does it cost to go to Santa Cruz beach Boardwalk?
- 13 Is Santa Cruz open for visitors?
- 14 How long is the Santa Cruz Boardwalk?
What is there to do in Santa Cruz in the winter?
FREE WINTERTIME FUN FOR TRAVELERS IN SANTA CRUZ COUNTY
- TAKE A STROLL ON THE BOARDWALK.
- SURFIN’ SANTA RETURNS TO CALIFORNIA’S OLDEST SEASIDE RESORT TOWN.
- UNIQUE SEASONAL EVENTS.
- TOUR THE HISTORIC AND ECLECTIC.
- WILDLIFE WATCHING.
- DISCOVER MUSEUMS.
- SAVOR FINE ART.
- ATTENTION, OUTDOOR ENTHUSIASTS.
What is Santa Cruz like in December?
Average Weather in December in Santa Cruz California, United States. Daily high temperatures decrease by 2°F, from 61°F to 59°F, rarely falling below 53°F or exceeding 67°F. The lowest daily average high temperature is 59°F on December 26.
What can you do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
Top Attractions in Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Drive. 1,322. Scenic Drives • Scenic Walking Areas.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. 3,602. Amusement & Theme Parks.
- Natural Bridges State Beach. 844. Beaches.
- Wilder Ranch State Park. 269.
- Roaring Camp Railroads. 708.
- Mystery Spot. 1,123.
- Santa Cruz Wharf. 1,324.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center. 253.
Is Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk open in December?
The Boardwalk is open year-round, and quieter months mean more deals and less crowds. Don’t stash those My Boardwalk cards just yet. Below, you’ll see why the off-season-and even a rainy day-is a great time to enjoy the Boardwalk. The off-season is the best time to buy a season pass.
What do people wear in Santa Cruz in the winter?
How to Dress Like a Local
- The Puffy Jacket. The puffy jacket is a year-long staple in Santa Cruz.
- Flip Flops & Sunglasses. Much like the puffy, flip flops are a four-season statement.
- The Brewery Sweatshirt.
- The Cozy Sweater & Scarf Combo.
- The Flannel.
What can you do for free in Santa Cruz?
Henry Cowell State Park
- Henry Cowell State Park.
- Wilder Ranch.
- Nisene Marks State Park.
- Castle Rock State Park.
- Land of the Medicine Buddha.
- Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History.
- Santa Cruz Surfing Museum.
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center.
What is the best time to visit Santa Cruz?
The best time to visit Santa Cruz is from September through November when the summer tourists have returned home, leaving a bit more room on the beaches, walking paths and other attractions.
Is it safe to visit Santa Cruz?
Travelers generally need not worry about becoming victim of crime during their vacation in Santa Cruz. Those who want to be prepared, though, should know that car theft is the most common crime problem affecting travelers in the area. Santa Cruz is a generally safe place to visit.
Is it better to stay in Monterey or Santa Cruz?
Re: Road Trip: Where to stay Monterey or Santa Cruz? Both are good choices. Santa Cruz is more of a classic CA beach town with a surf culture and an eclectic downtown. Its kind of a funky sort of place, a bit off-beat.
Is Santa Cruz worth seeing?
This is a lovely beach town. The wharf is nice. There are hotels as you walk away from the wharf that are nice to eat and watch the scenery.
What food is Santa Cruz known for?
50 Foods You Must Try in Santa Cruz Before You Die
- Tacos from Los Gallos Taqueria.
- Waffles from Silver Spur.
- Acai Bowl from Cafe Brasil.
- Slice and T-Shirt from Pizza My Heart.
- Basic Betty with Sweet Potato Fries from Betty’s Burgers.
- BBQ Beef from Jia Tella’s Cambodian Cuisine.
- Roll of the Day from Akira.
How much does it cost to go to Santa Cruz beach Boardwalk?
The Boardwalk is admission-free. If you’d like to take a stroll and enjoy the colorful oceanfront scene, it’s free and open to the public, even when the rides are closed.
Is Santa Cruz open for visitors?
Santa Cruz County is open for business and ready to welcome you! Hotels, resorts, spas, restaurants, wineries, attractions, museums, parks, and more – take a look below for what to expect during your visit!
How long is the Santa Cruz Boardwalk?
The Boardwalk is located along a scenic mile-long public beach on Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary.