- 1 Where do surfers surf in Santa Cruz?
- 2 Where should beginners surf in Santa Cruz?
- 3 Where is Sharks surf spot Santa Cruz?
- 4 When can you surf in Santa Cruz?
- 5 Is it safe to surf in Santa Cruz?
- 6 Is surfing in Santa Cruz dangerous?
- 7 How big do waves get in Santa Cruz?
- 8 What time is best to surf?
- 9 Is Capitola beach good for surfing?
- 10 Why is it called Pleasure Point?
- 11 How do you get to the Steamer Lane?
Where do surfers surf in Santa Cruz?
Top 5 Spots to Watch Surfers in Santa Cruz County
- STEAMER LANE. Known by locals simply as The Lane, this West Cliff surf break is arguably the most iconic in the county.
- THE HOOK. There’s a reason Jack O’Neill made his home in Pleasure Point.
- PLEASURE POINT PARK.
- MANRESA STATE BEACH.
- WADDELL BEACH.
Where should beginners surf in Santa Cruz?
Surfing in Santa Cruz
- Right point breaks, reef breaks and beach breaks.
- Cowells – best for beginners.
- Natural Bridges – advanced.
- Steamer Lane – World Class.
- The Point – It’s waves after waves after wave on this magical strip of East Cliff known as Pleasure Point.
- Pleasure Point.
- The Hook: Right reef break.
Where is Sharks surf spot Santa Cruz?
41st Ave (The Hook – Shark Cove) in Santa Cruz is a quite exposed reef break that has quite consistent surf and can work at any time of the year.
When can you surf in Santa Cruz?
Winter is generally the best time for surfing in Santa Cruz.
Is it safe to surf in Santa Cruz?
The answer is, “Yes, you are SAFE!” when surfing Santa Cruz and Capitola Beach! Why, you may ask? The simple answer: KELP. Our local kelp forests offer extra protection, a barrier of sorts, that sits right out from the break.
Is surfing in Santa Cruz dangerous?
Hazardous surf; West Cliff, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being friendly), the localism factor at the Lane is an 11. When the swell is up, it’s the most dangerous place to surf in Santa Cruz but it’s also the best place to watch great surfing year-round.
How big do waves get in Santa Cruz?
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. — A storm in the eastern Pacific Ocean generated the largest swell of the winter as mesmerizing 10-30 foot waves pounded beaches across Monterey County and Santa Cruz County.
What time is best to surf?
The best time of day to surf is generally in the early morning (around sunrise) and in the late evening (around sunset) when there is swell in the water.
Is Capitola beach good for surfing?
Surfing is one of the most fun things to do in Santa Cruz and Capitola Beach is a great place to learn. Capitola Beach Company has experienced surf instructors that are happy to answer any questions you have.
Why is it called Pleasure Point?
The Roaring ’20s were the heyday of the Road House, with bootleggers mixing merrily with off-duty policemen and tourists with locals. Flapper girls rented rooms upstairs at night, plying their customary trade. It was then that the name Pleasure Point became irrevocably affixed to the area.
How do you get to the Steamer Lane?
Main access is via a staircase down to the rocks in front of the main parking lot, though you’ll see some locals skipping the paddle out by jumping off the bluffs near the Slot. West Cliff Dr, Santa Cruz.