- 1 What airport do I fly into for Santa Cruz?
- 2 Is Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk free?
- 3 What should I wear to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk?
- 4 Can you go to Santa Cruz beach at night?
- 5 Is Santa Cruz safe?
- 6 Can you swim in the ocean in Santa Cruz?
- 7 Is Santa Cruz expensive?
- 8 Do you need a reservation for Santa Cruz Boardwalk?
- 9 What can you do for free in Santa Cruz?
- 10 How much is parking at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk?
- 11 What is there to do in downtown Santa Cruz?
- 12 Is Santa Cruz safe to walk at night?
- 13 Is Santa Cruz open for visitors?
- 14 What is there to do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
What airport do I fly into for Santa Cruz?
The nearest major airport is San Jose International Airport, 30 miles northeast of Santa Cruz. The nearest train depot is also located in San Jose. San Francisco International Airport is approximately 60 miles north of Santa Cruz, and Oakland International Airport is approximately 65 miles north of Santa Cruz.
Is Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk free?
The Boardwalk is admission-free. If you’d like to take a stroll and enjoy the colorful oceanfront scene, it’s free and open to the public, even when the rides are closed. If you decide to enjoy a ride or two, tickets can be purchased for individual rides or you can purchase an all-day Ride Wristband.
What should I wear to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk?
What to Bring to Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- Drinks – Waters, juice boxes, sodas, etc. (
- Beach chairs – I prefer the low-to-the-ground beach chairs because I like my legs to be in the sand.
- Beach blankets.
- Beach umbrella.
- Beach hats, sunglasses, and swimsuits.
Can you go to Santa Cruz beach at night?
The boardwalk is fun and if you are a fan of “The Lost Boys” movie from 1987, it’s a piece of movie history as a lot of the movie was filmed on the boardwalk and around Santa Cruz.
Is Santa Cruz safe?
Is Santa Cruz, CA Safe? The D+ grade means the rate of crime is higher than the average US city. Santa Cruz is in the 26th percentile for safety, meaning 74% of cities are safer and 26% of cities are more dangerous.
Can you swim in the ocean in Santa Cruz?
The most popular open water swimming beach in Santa Cruz is Cowell Beach, located on the west side of the Santa Cruz Municipal Wharf. This small cove is generally protected from the wind by tall cliffs and the setting is idyllic. Main beach and the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk (shown below).
Is Santa Cruz expensive?
If you dig a little on-line, you will find Santa Cruz near the top of a few wildly different lists. It is one of the most expensive places to live in the nation (and even the world, according to some measures.). It is consistently ranked one of the happiest and healthiest places to live.
Do you need a reservation for Santa Cruz Boardwalk?
Welcome back! Boardwalk rides are open daily to all guests! Buy your Season Pass online and ride any day through the end of 2021, no reservations required.
What can you do for free in Santa Cruz?
Henry Cowell State Park
- Henry Cowell State Park.
- Wilder Ranch.
- Nisene Marks State Park.
- Castle Rock State Park.
- Land of the Medicine Buddha.
- Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History.
- Santa Cruz Surfing Museum.
- Monterey Bay National Marine Sanctuary Exploration Center.
How much is parking at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk?
Check “hours” at www.beachboardwalk.com. There are two big parking lots accessible along Beach Street, where all-day parking is $15. But they fill up fast. Consider parking at the $10 lot at 701 Ocean St., then taking a free shuttle to the Boardwalk.
What is there to do in downtown Santa Cruz?
14 Top-Rated Attractions & Things to Do in Santa Cruz
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. Bicycles on the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.
- Main Beach & Cowell Beach.
- Santa Cruz Wharf.
- West Cliff Drive & the Surfing Museum.
- Natural Bridges State Beach.
- Roaring Camp Railroad.
- Dolphin and Whale Watching Cruises.
Is Santa Cruz safe to walk at night?
Santa Cruz: Health & Safety The downtown is busy and active and safe to walk around in until midnight. The town does have a large number of street people or homeless people because the city leaders are compassionate and tolerant and the weather is so good.
Is Santa Cruz open for visitors?
Santa Cruz County is open for business and ready to welcome you! Hotels, resorts, spas, restaurants, wineries, attractions, museums, parks, and more – take a look below for what to expect during your visit!
What is there to do in Santa Cruz during Covid?
Top Attractions in Santa Cruz
- West Cliff Drive. 1,322. Scenic Drives • Scenic Walking Areas.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. 3,602. Amusement & Theme Parks.
- Natural Bridges State Beach. 844. Beaches.
- Wilder Ranch State Park. 269.
- Roaring Camp Railroads. 708.
- Mystery Spot. 1,123.
- Santa Cruz Wharf. 1,324.
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center. 253.