- 1 What is there to do in Watsonville today?
- 2 Are the beaches in Watsonville open?
- 3 What is Watsonville known for?
- 4 What is the zip code for Watsonville CA?
- 5 Is Sunset Beach Open this weekend?
- 6 How far is Watsonville to the ocean?
- 7 Is Watsonville a good place to live?
- 8 Is Watsonville the strawberry capital of the world?
- 9 Is Watsonville considered the Bay Area?
- 10 How bad is the air quality in Watsonville?
What is there to do in Watsonville today?
15 Things to Do in Watsonville
- Munch a Chili-topped Taylor Dog.
- Camp Out in a Shiny New Airstream.
- Stroll the Sand Dunes of Sunset State Beach.
- Enjoy an Apple Dumpling at Gizdich Ranch.
- Explore Elkhorn Slough Reserve.
- Pluck Organic Veggies at a Charming Farm Stand.
- Chow Down on Organic Farm-to-Table Grub at California Grill.
Are the beaches in Watsonville open?
Parks, open spaces and beaches are currently open. Community members are encouraged to use these areas for walking, jogging, and other activities, but not to congregate. Remember to follow safe social distancing guidelines. If an area is too crowded, consider visiting at a different time or visiting another location.
What is Watsonville known for?
Watsonville is a city with a population of about 54,000 situated in the Pajaro Valley area of Santa Cruz County. The city is known for its agricultural industry, as well as it’s fantastic weather, outdoor recreation and central location in the Monterey Bay area.
What is the zip code for Watsonville CA?
Sunset State Beach. × This park unit is fully open. State Parks will continue to use a monitor and adapt strategy to meet any new guidance it may receive from local and state public health officials as COVID-19 is still present and still deadly, especially for the elderly, immune-compromised and the unvaccinated.
Is Sunset Beach Open this weekend?
Hours & Parking: Open from 5 am to 10 pm. Score free parking in the lot at Warner Avenue and Pacific Coast Highway. Public parking is also available along Pacific Avenue and left of Starbucks in Peter’s Landing. Restrictions: No alcohol, glass, dogs, smoking, or tent camping allowed.
How far is Watsonville to the ocean?
La Selva Beach and Watsonville are 11 minutes far apart, if you drive non-stop.
Is Watsonville a good place to live?
Santa Cruz- Watsonville was voted the 3rd Healthiest, Happiest City in America according to the Gallup-Healthways State of American Well-Being 2016 Community Rankings. The report measures how residents of 189 U.S. cities feel about their physical health, social ties, financial security, community and sense of purpose.
Is Watsonville the strawberry capital of the world?
Other towns claim strawberry superiority, though they haven’t bothered to throw up statues: Watsonville, California, is ” StrawberryCapital of the World;” Ponchatoula, Louisiana,is also “Strawberry Capital of the World;” and Plant City, Florida,qualifies its supremacy with the title ” Winter Strawberry Capital of the
Is Watsonville considered the Bay Area?
Santa Cruz, Hollister,and Watsonville are the towns that are considered the bay area.
How bad is the air quality in Watsonville?
The air quality is generally acceptable for most individuals. However, sensitive groups may experience minor to moderate symptoms from long-term exposure. The air has reached a high level of pollution and is unhealthy for sensitive groups.