- 1 Is the Social Security Office open in santa Cruz?
- 2 Can I go to Social Security Office without an appointment?
- 3 When a husband dies does the wife get his Social Security?
- 4 How do I talk to a real person at Social Security office?
- 5 What conditions automatically qualify for SSI?
- 6 At what age is Social Security no longer taxed?
- 7 How many ex wives can claim Social Security?
- 8 What happens when both spouses collect Social Security and one dies?
Is the Social Security Office open in santa Cruz?
Santa Cruz Social Security Administration Office Hours: Monday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Tuesday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Wednesday 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM Thursday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Friday 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM Saturday Closed Sunday C..
Can I go to Social Security Office without an appointment?
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can only enter our offices if you have an appointment.
When a husband dies does the wife get his Social Security?
When a retired worker dies, the surviving spouse gets an amount equal to the worker’s full retirement benefit. Example: John Smith has a $1,200-a-month retirement benefit. His wife Jane gets $600 as a 50 percent spousal benefit. Total family income from Social Security is $1,800 a month.
How do I talk to a real person at Social Security office?
If you need to talk to a live person in Social Security (SSA) customer service you need to dial 1-800-772-1213. Live customer service via this number is available Monday-Friday from 8am through 7pm. Social Security uses a voice recognition system for their automated support system.
What conditions automatically qualify for SSI?
What Medical Conditions Qualify for Social Security Disability or
- musculoskeletal problems, such as back injuries.
- cardiovascular conditions, such as heart failure or coronary artery disease.
- senses and speech issues, such as vision and hearing loss.
- respiratory illnesses, such as COPD or asthma.
At what age is Social Security no longer taxed?
At 65 to 67, depending on the year of your birth, you are at full retirement age and can get full Social Security retirement benefits tax-free. However, if you’re still working, part of your benefits might be subject to taxation.
How many ex wives can claim Social Security?
Social Security says that multiple people are eligible to claim on one worker’s record. But you can get only one benefit and one at a time.
What happens when both spouses collect Social Security and one dies?
If you are already receiving a spousal benefit when your husband or wife dies, Social Security will in most cases convert it automatically to a survivor benefit once the death is reported. Otherwise, you will need to apply for survivor benefits by phone at 800-772-1213 or in person at your local Social Security office.